The Pirate Bay

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
201 sound effects interpreted by two different actors divided in: Dialogues, attacking, dying, pains, emotions, etc...
  • So The Pirate Bay verdict will be in soon:

http://torrentfreak.com/poll-is-the-pir ... ot-090412/

What do you guys think? I still remain unconvinced they are technically illegal under the laws they operate under, but there's no doubting that what they do is unethical. Courts shouldn't follow ethics over law though, so it'll be interesting.

• Didn't even know this was happening... shows how much I use TPB.

I prefer Demonoid xD

~Sol

• Demonoid here too but piratebay must win this war.

• i imagine a chain reaction following the verdict ... whatever it comes out as

• i imagine a chain reaction following the verdict ... whatever it comes out as

Yeah, this could end up in a massive shit-storm.

~Sol

• That was a really interesting read! I think its true that this is just the start of a bigger issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I didn't expect em to lose but meh yeah they are taking it to next lvl. And anyone wanna bet with me that they wont sit in jail even for one day TPB rulez the webs

• I didn't expect em to lose but meh yeah they are taking it to next lvl. And anyone wanna bet with me that they wont sit in jail even for one day TPB rulez the webs

How often can they take it to a "next level"?

• I think he meant the judge and prosecutors; technically speaking from a legal point of view this is a very weak conviction, not really based on facts, but from summing up the 'intent' of the defendants, which is always thin legal ground.

It looks to be very motivated by politics and a need to get a result, really, which is understandable but uncommendable for a court of law.

• In other news, the Swedish Pirate Party membership rose by 20% in the hours following conviction.

• I don't think the conviction will stand, as they've said its just a directory, they don't store the material themselves, in that regard they're no different than google. Should google be shut down?

Rapidshare and other file storing places are far worse imho.

I've downloaded lots of demos and stuff from pirate bay because the main download site was so slow.

• Legally this does mean that yes, this same principle could be applied to any indexing website; ISP seems a bit of a stretch because the conviction is based on intent. If a website or ISP shows any intent to faciliate file sharing, then it's liable. I guess this could be far reaching if the courts interpret refusing to disconnect file sharers or hand over IPs as 'intent'.

• I followed the trial by radio, and I think they where convicted because of the tracker not the torrent files.

I think there are around three instances in the swedish court and the first one - tingsr�tten is just a joke for this type of precedent cases.

The whole trial was a joke anyway, Hollywood and the musical industry wanted a sentence, so the Swedish juridical system went down, liked some american buttocks and gave them what they wanted.

And yeah: unfortunately the swedish pirate party got 10000 new members shortly after the verdict.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)