The problem about 'C2 Downloads'

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:05 pm

If you look at the very bottom of the Scirra page, you'll see "[XXXXXXX] Total Downloads", right? Well, it kinda seems like bragging to me. Another reson it's because it's updating constantly. Everytime someone downloads Construct, the digits will go up in real-time, which looks like the page is constantly checking for people that are downloading it, which is a problem. (Because internet consumption will go up!)

Please don't give this negative feedback, as it's my opinion (Oh yeah, opinion reminds me of onions! :lol: )
I'm not the best, but i like making games in Construct
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:13 am

if you are surfing via mobile, and you are using internet data, a small script that takes ~1kb of data to update the downloads numbers would be your last thing to worry, i wold worry more of the mobile applications which are automatically updated in the background of your phone (ex:google,facebook etc).
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:25 am

gamecorpstudio wrote:if you are surfing via mobile, and you are using internet data, a small script that takes ~1kb of data to update the downloads numbers would be your last thing to worry, i wold worry more of the mobile applications which are automatically updated in the background of your phone (ex:google,facebook etc).
Doesn't that apply to computers as well? (On a modem)
I'm not the best, but i like making games in Construct
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:57 am

MinecraftM153 wrote:
gamecorpstudio wrote:if you are surfing via mobile, and you are using internet data, a small script that takes ~1kb of data to update the downloads numbers would be your last thing to worry, i wold worry more of the mobile applications which are automatically updated in the background of your phone (ex:google,facebook etc).
Doesn't that apply to computers as well? (On a modem)

not necessarily.
B
S
G

Return to Website Issues and Feedback