The real performance of HTML5 from Construct 2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:00 pm

The problem is *only* to do with graphics card drivers. See this blog post and this followup. It is literally not affected by anything else, it doesn't matter what CPU or how much RAM you have, if your graphics card driver is blacklisted it won't use the graphics card to render and the game will be slow. (All modern browsers support rendering on the GPU.)

If you read the blog post you'll see it's out of our hands really - many graphics card drivers are crap, so users need to update to get good performance.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 pm

I just checked the gpu drivers on all computer, on my old i have Radeon 9200 with drivers from 2006, and when i run the test the render is construct2d. On the other computer at school it is installed from the CD that the GPU came, and i think it is from 2007, also not supporting webgl, and using construct2d.

So the conclusion is there is nothing wrong on the Construct 2 end, the main problem is the GPU drivers, and maybe html5 software optimization, i say this because at least my html5 game is not that demanding so shouldn't be that much problem with only the CPU rendering.

btw i uninstalled my GPU drivers and with Athlon 7750 @ 3GHz i got maximum 20 fps.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General