The Serene Sky

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Game updated!
WEB DEMO

What's new:
+ Visual and sound effects (little shake and louder sfx on big impacts, fireworks at the end of levels, more particles as shapes' traces, and others)
Last edited by Simple Games on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:57 am

Nice work, I think the line and the block look nicer now
Still not so sure about the moon, anyway here is some inspiration for you
But yeah with not as much contrast as this illustration, otherwise you still won't be able to differentiate the foreground like Ryan said
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:50 am

lemo wrote:Still not so sure about the moon, anyway here is some inspiration for you

Just changed it a bit in that direction
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Such a sweet little game! :) I didn't quite get the mechanics at first. It took a few minutes to figure out how to play the game. You might want to include a quick tutorial or help note for simpletons like me :D

Cleared levels up to 29. There was a steady increase in difficulty.
Music was enchanting. Curious and nocturnal. Very fitting for the ambience of the game.
For the demo you also might want to include a note of when the demo ends so there is no confusion. I was kind of confused when suddenly stage 29 came. No holes in the ice and no puzzle pieces in the air.

Great job here! ;)
Have a happy day!
- Markus Lappalainen, Composer & Audio Engineer
Open for commissions!

For Hire Thread | LinkedIn | SoundCloud
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:43 pm

Thanks for feedback, nice to see, you like the game. I thought, basic mechanics would be almost clear after first level, but I guess, few more levels are needed just to understand the idea. "Hook" does this well, so you know how to play in a minute after start.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:54 pm

Simple Games wrote:Thanks for feedback, nice to see, you like the game. I thought, basic mechanics would be almost clear after first level, but I guess, few more levels are needed just to understand the idea.

You are most welcome! :)

The mechanics were clear after the first level. I somehow (thinking Tetris) assumed that I could rotate the blocks. I tried that but when it didn't happen I eventually realized that it is about gravity and how the blocks fall and collide finally sliding to their correct slots. Once I figured that out then the game was a breeze.
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:02 pm

taistelusopuli wrote: I somehow (thinking Tetris) assumed that I could rotate the blocks.

Then, the only phraze in tutorial should be "You can't rotate the blocks. Good luck" :D
Anyway, I'll make one more level, where players shouldn't think to solve it, as the first one doesn't show much physics.
B
S

Post » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:09 pm

That would actually be enough! :D just to kill the confusion...
Have a happy day!
Open for commissions!

B
S

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Game updated!
WEB DEMO

What's new:
+ New buttons
+ New main block