The Shadow ( Short Game )

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of 30 Second Music Loops to add Emotion to your game!
  • Greeting!

I hope all of you had a wonderful first new year week.

This is my new short game check it out.

Wish you all have an amazing year!!!

Ps. the game will have an update again next week for the completeness of this project,

if you have played and wondered, what is the phone for? well, wait for it!

• Hey, I like it! It was intriguing - nice concept.

I had no clue what was going on at first but I like that - I don't like it that a lot of games nowadays lay out everything for you. I didn't make it to the top - I'm not in a patient mood right now so maybe I'll try again later.

One thing I would mention was the loading or intro - not sure which it was - but I couldn't tell if it was loading or I was supposed to do something. I had to exit full screen and click around. If it was just loading you might want to put a bar or percentage up so people know - I almost left and didn't play. I hit skip intro on accident because I was trying to already clicking around trying to get to the game.

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, I like it! It was intriguing - nice concept.

I had no clue what was going on at first but I like that - I don't like it that a lot of games nowadays lay out everything for you. I didn't make it to the top - I'm not in a patient mood right now so maybe I'll try again later.

One thing I would mention was the loading or intro - not sure which it was - but I couldn't tell if it was loading or I was supposed to do something. I had to exit full screen and click around. If it was just loading you might want to put a bar or percentage up so people know - I almost left and didn't play. I hit skip intro on accident because I was trying to already clicking around trying to get to the game.

Thanks!

Bro, Thank you!

The white map is a loading screen and it's telling a story of what happened before the intro cinematic, you can't interact with it

Okay, I'll add the percentage or the bar or something to show that the game is loading, so they will never leave and this game was design to play in full-screen mode, but if you find that it's annoying I might add the option for it in the last update ( this Sunday, hopefully)

again, thanks a lot for the first feedback, I really need it!

• I wasn't annoyed by the full screen - it was probably just a coincidence but here's what I meant by that: As soon as the page loaded and I saw the full screen button I went to full screen. Then I couldn't tell if it was loading or if it was stuck. So after pressing buttons and clicking around didn't do anything I exited full screen and it went to the next part (the map I think). So I went back to full screen but then I couldn't tell if the map thing was an intro or if it was looped and I was supposed to choose something. I exited full screen again and started clicking around like a mad man and the skip intro prompt popped up and I accidentally clicked it.

I've used some programs, games, etc that seemed to get stuck in full screen mode sometimes so that is why my instinct was to exit full screen - but it could have just been a coincidence on the timing.

I will try it again later and maybe I'll reach the top . . .

• Alright!, I agree. bro. I'll let you know when the next update is released.

again thank you, Stay tune!

• The last update for The Shadow is now live,

see you guys again with my new project.

• Tried again! Still couldn't get up there! Are you sure there is a way?

FYI - it got stuck twice for a small amount of time (10 seconds) after getting hit - not everytime though

• Greeting!

I hope all of you had a wonderful first new year week.

This is my new short game check it out.

Wish you all have an amazing year!!!

Ps. the game will have an update again next week for the completeness of this project,

if you have played and wondered, what is the phone for? well, wait for it!

Very Nice. I will try it XD

• Great job! Really neat concept. I really like the 'not knowing' what to do aspect, as stated earlier. Once I examined the lantern - I was like "AHA!" Too many games these days are basically one giant tutorial. I like to have discovery, it grants the player with a feeling of achievement.

• Amazing graphics and the intro movie was cool but the controls can be better and maybe some instructions

• Great concept and graphics.

I really suck at this game though.

• I will start with the problems. I played on my low performance asus laptop. It's take a long time to load the game and it's stuck sometimes on 42% or 70%+ on my Firefox, after the page reload, the game proceed the loading. On Chrome it's much better, but sometimes I find some problems that I had to reload. Once after first fall, the player stuck in the crouch position. Ok, maybe most of these problems causes by the low performance, but I guess you will prepare it to mobile.... So you must to optimize it, or use other engine IMO

Now about the game. First of all it's short (once you figure out the way, and find the place). Second the game is awesome. Really it's very atmospheric, beautiful and deep journey. The ending is beautiful too, it took me a long time to figure out the way, but it's worth it.

P.S sorry for my Eng

• Nice italian gameplay : youtube.com/watch?v=-HJbZObfU7Q

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)