There is a Construct 2 Discord server (chat app), join us!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Chat with smart animals using the OpenAi Chat GPT 3 API
  • Hi, fellow Construct 2 users!

armaldio created a Discord server dedicated to Construct 2.

Please note that this Discord server is not official nor related to Scirra.

Discord is a free chat application which can be used as a desktop application or inside your web browser. It’s kind of like if an IRC client and Teamspeak had a fancy baby with a brand new and modern interface.

This Discord server has multiple textual channels in order to discuss Construct 2, show your creations or ask for help. There is also a voice channel for the non-keyboard types.

Plugin and Behavior (and any other applications related to Construct 2) developers can also ask armaldio to have their own channel on this server. This is a good place to discuss their stuff and users can get in touch directly with them here.

There is a powerful drag’n drop system so you can share your .capx files and screenshots with only one click. No need to use external hosting like Dropbox or other services.

Discord also keeps logs so you’ll receive replies even if you close Discord and come back hours or days later.

This server is young, but even with a few people here, after joining I must say it’s very useful to quickly ask for help or find players to test your projects (especially when you need a couple of players to quickly test features on your multiplayer game).

Of course, this Construct 2 server was not made to compete with the official forum, that would be both silly and pointless. It’s just a different medium with a different use and fast, punctual interactions.

You can join us following this link: https://discord.gg/8RJBHbX

See ya!

• This is very great . But with this, I think there are advantages & disadvantages.

Advantages:

1)Easier to share .capx as you suggested.

2)Faster replies like messenger, so we feel connected with the people we talk with.

3)Better Community

4)More Active Members since we can be notified or messaged.

5)We can just ask instantly to online members.

6) Good cause we find ways to innovate

Disadvantages:

1) There will be less people to ask in the How Do I category of the Scirra Forum. If that happens:

2) The Forum might lose active members, and if that happens,

3) There will be lesser new topics, and if that happens,

4) There will be less solved topics in the forum. And there will be fewer guides for people who are still learning or have similar solved problems with other people but aren't shared

since it is solved using a chat application. So the solutions for problems won't be indexed by Google and the content will be hard / impossible to find.

5) As I said, fewer Google Searched Solved Topics linked from the Scirra Forum. Lesser documentations.

Well this is just what I think. But good thing you though of this, though.

• Hi

I don't see how a Discord server would suck even a bit of the official forum activity. A chat application and a forum have different use.

A chat is oriented on fast, ephemerous user interactions. A forum is a huge database of information which has a slow inertia, where you can see hundred of topics and expect replies over time. Plus, as you said, users can make use of a search engine to explore all of this information.

I see no reason for the vast majority of people to leave the official forums when joining Discord.

• there's a lot of people on discord now, join everyone!

though disscussions are kinda... well almost nonexistant

seems that a low amount of people develops games or are just here to be around... come on wake up people! share your project infos and more with us, ask for help, get helped, gogogo!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I personally think there's a fair bit of discussions on the server! Had some really nice chats.

• yes there was a bit, but i think that compared to for example nexus modding discord server it's much more less.

i expected people working daily and asking questions about games and so on.

Disadvantages:

1) There will be less people to ask in the How Do I category of the Scirra Forum. If that happens:

2) The Forum might lose active members, and if that happens,

3) There will be lesser new topics, and if that happens,

4) There will be less solved topics in the forum. And there will be fewer guides for people who are still learning or have similar solved problems with other people

- wrong. people on discord usually ask for a short solution to something. for example - > "how do i iterate over 2D array" ? no need to post that in how do i, i'd rather see forum left for complex solutions and game mechanics, and such small and usually 1-2-3 liners would definitely want to see on discord where you just bump the question and answers come in real time. noone has time to post something on forum and wait days before someone answers and then you have to reply because you didn't describe the problem correctly and so on. on discord you do it realtime + it lessens the burden on forum.

• I didn't know about Discord before. And as far as I see it's currently the best voip/chat software for groups. Joined the C2 chat.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)