Thief - The Endless Runner

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:50 pm

assdsdsads
Last edited by Alydus on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 pm

This game is awesome. I love the idea of the endless runner and with the added upgrades it is very interesting but i think it will be a VERY good game.
B

Post » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:53 pm

I like the transition between the running and flying but it is way too easy. Felt like I could play for hours without dying :P Maybe you should have a couple of obstacles that comes from both the top and bottom so you have to time the jumps more?

And what are you planning to do to make this unique? I don't mean to bash down on your project but it sounds like you're trying to take the endless runner to a new level and I'm just curious at what it is you're planning to do? :) At the moment it seems like most of the endless runners on the market and there are litterally thousands of runners with upgrades on each app store.

I've actually made an endless runner myself. It was my first project ever and it was made in 2 days from start to finnish. You can have a look at it here if you have an android device :)
Kim Jong Run: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... grun&hl=en

Good luck with the project.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:45 am

Nice work!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Message: PixelPower is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
Alydus wrote:Thief is a project that began on the 6th of November 2014, and is managed two amazing people named, Alydus and parcans. We are the two man team that will consistently manage this project and manage this what we hope to have in the future, supportive community.

Thief is a endless runner, a genre that is no longer very popular, although we have set out to make this genre a success and prove to people that games within this genre can still be successful. We personally like this genre of game due to the extreme low amounts of inputs needed to play the game, the fact that you only need to do one thing to play the game means for extremely easy use, our audience out there is aimed for anyone really, due to the amazingly easy and non-inappropriate content filled game.

TL:DR - A 2D endless runner with upgrades and stuff at

Dude put this on android I love the music and animation. This is fun, it has that it factor you can't describe.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:I like the transition between the running and flying but it is way too easy. Felt like I could play for hours without dying :P Maybe you should have a couple of obstacles that comes from both the top and bottom so you have to time the jumps more?

And what are you planning to do to make this unique? I don't mean to bash down on your project but it sounds like you're trying to take the endless runner to a new level and I'm just curious at what it is you're planning to do? :) At the moment it seems like most of the endless runners on the market and there are literally thousands of runners with upgrades on each app store.

I've actually made an endless runner myself. It was my first project ever and it was made in 2 days from start to finish. You can have a look at it here if you have an android device :)
Kim Jong Run: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... grun&hl=en

Good luck with the project.

Hi Annoymitet, i understand where your coming from with the present surface generation, i'm still looking for a way to use the sprites i've got to make obstacles, and how to generate them, i had the same kind of problem generating coins randomly in the level.

I also understand about the fact the game is extremely similar to other games out on the market, although i feel these runners are not constantly updated, and the art style I've used is very unique. I'm planning for many other features such as a story line later in development, i think this may make the game more unique. :D

I really liked playing your game on my nvida shield, the art style is really humorous. Good fun. :D
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:09 pm

iceangel wrote:Nice work!

Thanks! Any advice to improve the game you could give me? :)
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:15 pm

Hey guys, i've released a descent amount of updates since i last posted, so i thought i'd just go ahead and tell you guys.

You can play the new version here
http://alydus.net

direct: http://alydus.net/games/thief/
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:32 pm

It's ok but there are so many of these types of games out there that you really need to nail it to make it worth playing more then once. This game needs some more tweaking before it gets there, in my opinion. The biggest issue I had with the game is the jumping isn't fluid enough. For example, on several occasions (at least 50 times or more throughout the entire time I played) the player wouldn't jump when I pressed jump even though it was clearly on the platform and should have been able to jump. Secondly, for some reason when I click on the double jump upgrade it gave me the speed upgrade instead. That happened on 2 separate occasions. The last thing (which is minor really) is the distance timer needs some adjustment. The running is faster then the timer can keep up with so it looks odd when the last digit just flashes but doesn't really change much. For me it kept switching extremely quickly between 2 and 7.
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations