Things I wonder about C2 (website)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:56 am

+1 for no subscription , there's nothing worse than "rental" of software.

Image-Line - the makers of Flstudio have the same "lifetime free updates" model, and offer regular updates and public betas.

For existing users there are always new plug-ins/sample packs etc that expand on the existing package, but whatever you purchase, be it the program or the add-ons, are all updated for free if a newer version is out. :)

I think just like the music industry needs to catch up with things, so too do a lot of software companies, and Scirra are doing it right - good communication with userbase and a very competitive licencing system - don't change a thing guys!

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 am

I think that the "no subscription" way is indeed much better, and it also makes more people interested in starting with C2. The existence of the free version is also a crucial and determining point related to its success. I'm a Blender 3D long term user, and those guys do such a great support to the software that I'd pay for it if it was required, the same way I'm intending to buy the $79 licence of C2. There are some great software that are worth the cash, and C2 is proving to be one of them.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General