Thinking of buying, questions!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:56 pm

Thank you all for your great help and comments, much appreciated.

I hope you won't be offended but I've now bought Fusion 2.5 (mainly due to the fact its currently 85% off on the steam sale) thanks anyway for all your help, perhaps one day I will buy Construct 2 :)

salute!
B

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:23 am

No problem! I used to be a huge fan of Fusion (1 and 2) before switching to Construct Classic and later Construct 2.

Fusion's best part is that (at least the previous ones did?) it exports to native DirectX and has a lot of commercial titles to showcase, but I personally prefer the work-flow of Construct even since the beta days of Construct Classic. Either way, that is definitely a good price!
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 am

As far as I know Fusion doesn't export as a single .exe file either. Am I wrong?
FREEDOM: Diegesis - Out Now for Windows! http://freedom.quicksandgames.com
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:15 pm

Quicksand wrote:As far as I know Fusion doesn't export as a single .exe file either. Am I wrong?

It does, I bought it when I saw the sale and for me (even though I don't plan on publishing/sharing my games) exporting to a single exe file is a big plus. I don't mean to knock C2 at all, its really awesome, but I have to admit I hated getting a folder full of junk and dll files when I did a build.

but you know, different people have different needs.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:02 am

Paulnew wrote:Thank you all for your great help and comments, much appreciated.

I hope you won't be offended but I've now bought Fusion 2.5 (mainly due to the fact its currently 85% off on the steam sale) thanks anyway for all your help, perhaps one day I will buy Construct 2 :)

salute!

Just checked it. For the price of C2, you can get Fusion 2.5 and some native exporters :D But note that if you want to put ads in your mobile game, you will need the developer licence: http://www.clickteam.com/android-export-module-details

On the bright side, somebody has made code optimizations and even native exporters for consoles/handhelds : http://mp2.dk/chowdren
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 am

If you cannot spend the time to download a program and go through the tutorial on how to make a platform game which may take you a whole day, I don't really think you have the patience to make a game on anything.
Sorry, I have been trying to make a game for awhile and I am still learning. If you want to learn in a few hours, good luck.
I am not being mean, this is a fact.
I came on here because I have an extra license that I was going to give away but now I am changing my mind. It would be wasted here.
Sorry.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General