Third Ludum Dare entry - Moonlit Crawlers!

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • This would be my third Ludum Dare in a row. This time I created a game where you have to take care of a plant during the day and protect it from insects at night. How does that sound?

http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-31/?action=preview&uid=32989

As the theme was Entire Game on One Screen I wanted to integrate as many features as I could, so the game contains the following:

-Day and Night cycle

-Breakable Bridge

-Vines

-A Growing plant

-Monsters that come at night

-Melee attack

-And a few surprise guests.

Give it a look if you have a chance. It is always helpful to have the feedback from the community that knows Construct 2.

• Very very nice!

Not the same as per your link, but here is my feedback based on pics here.

I like what you have, one small suggestion, the leaves overlay at the bottom and sides of the screen is distracting it takes away from your toon. The leaves at the top is nice but where it merges in the center looks not so nice. I'd make one solid strip, or a tiled strip with no visible join area.

Other than that hat off, you rock!

• Very very nice!

Not the same as per your link, but here is my feedback based on pics here.

I like what you have, one small suggestion, the leaves overlay at the bottom and sides of the screen is distracting it takes away from your toon. The leaves at the top is nice but where it merges in the center looks not so nice. I'd make one solid strip, or a tiled strip with no visible join area.

Other than that hat off, you rock!

Yes, it looks very nice, and I agree from an art-perspective that leaves in the very foreground are distracting with what is in the game (partially because they are the same color). If you really want them in there I think it would look better if they were much, much darker almost forming more of a dark silhouette. But otherwise good job!

• > Very very nice!

>

> Not the same as per your link, but here is my feedback based on pics here.

>

> I like what you have, one small suggestion, the leaves overlay at the bottom and sides of the screen is distracting it takes away from your toon. The leaves at the top is nice but where it merges in the center looks not so nice. I'd make one solid strip, or a tiled strip with no visible join area.

>

> Other than that hat off, you rock!

>

Yes, it looks very nice, and I agree from an art-perspective that leaves in the very foreground are distracting with what is in the game (partially because they are the same color). If you really want them in there I think it would look better if they were much, much darker almost forming more of a dark silhouette. But otherwise good job!

The leaves were a later addition actually. I wanted to give the impression as if we were looking through a window or some sort of frame. I suppose they did came out a bit distracting.

Thank a lot for your comments, I'm not a graphic designer, so these tips are really helpfull.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > Very very nice!

> >

> > Not the same as per your link, but here is my feedback based on pics here.

> >

> > I like what you have, one small suggestion, the leaves overlay at the bottom and sides of the screen is distracting it takes away from your toon. The leaves at the top is nice but where it merges in the center looks not so nice. I'd make one solid strip, or a tiled strip with no visible join area.

> >

> > Other than that hat off, you rock!

> >

>

> Yes, it looks very nice, and I agree from an art-perspective that leaves in the very foreground are distracting with what is in the game (partially because they are the same color). If you really want them in there I think it would look better if they were much, much darker almost forming more of a dark silhouette. But otherwise good job!

>

The leaves were a later addition actually. I wanted to give the impression as if we were looking through a window or some sort of frame. I suppose they did came out a bit distracting.

Thank a lot for your comments, I'm not a graphic designer, so these tips are really helpfull.

Actually I don't think the leaves being a frame is a bad idea at all. The game "Treasurenauts" did the same concept, but notice how they are darkened as silhouettes. See the attached image:[attachment=0:s9jop2jc][/attachment:s9jop2jc]

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)