This is the best debug system I have ever seen!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PlI-gPu3SPI

Wow! I can't tell you how much time I personally 'waste' by compiling the code and testing it out. Unity has a system in place where you can edit your variables and 'jam' your game.

Personally, I find this useful because you can edit your variables on the fly and test as you go. This video has a really cool set up where you have the values on one side and the game on the other.

Perhaps in the distant future, perhaps a 'debug preview' feature could be added. One where you can edit variables a long the way.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:49 pm

It's a great demo, but it's probably quite complicated to implement. The problem with demos like that is half the challenge is keeping it usable when you scale up the engine to something as complex as Construct 2. I've got on my todo list a "live preview" feature which should help, though - ideally it will allow you to make changes, hit preview, then the game updates with your changes, but keeps its state. In other words if you're previewing and you've got to level 3 with 55% health, and you just tweak a particle object's rate and hit preview, the particles object updates and you're still on level 3 with 55% health.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Holy crap. O___O
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:49 pm

@ Ashley, I know how hard it would be to implement. Anything that you do implement will be greatly appreciated.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General