Thread

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
  • -Link is dead-

• Nice work retrodude, and all in just two days! With a little more polish, this will be a fantastic game!

The various layers of parallaxing gives the game lots of depth, and adds to the illusion of speed really well. The wolf animation is great. I really like the way the camera zooms out when the wolf jumps, and the screen shake when the wolf lands with a thump I even saw a pod of dolphins leaping through the ocean! And unless I was hallucinating, I think at one point I found myself racing alongside a whale (how cool is that)! The control system seems simple and very easy to use, and it's great that control objects are adjustable (what a smart idea!).

It was a little difficult to enjoy/play when testing on PC, because of the touch controls. Perhaps you could add some keyboard controls for now, so people can try it out on PC too

Anyway, overall a great game and I look forward to seeing it develop further.

• Blacksmith

I appreciate the feedback mate, I tried to distract players by adding visual in the back such as the whale and the pods of dolphins. There are other odd things that appear in the back.

I added some keyboard controls which were mentioned in the clay description but its a bit hard to find.

"Left Key to run faster, Up Key To Jump ". The main problem is that players have to first touch on either button to start the game during gameplay and then use either keyboard or touch controls to play it. I'll try sorting that out in the future.

But once again, thanks for testing, your feedback is appreciated

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • My bad, I completely missed the keyboard instructions

Well I gave it another go (with keyboard inputs), and it was even more fun this time around! I also saw a couple of speedboats this time

I noticed some of the collisions may need a slight adjustment. When objects are thrown forwards (by the waves), it sometimes seems as though the wolf sprite has cleared them, but it still counts as a collision. Or perhaps that's just me being a bad player and a sore loser

• My bad, I completely missed the keyboard instructions

Well I gave it another go (with keyboard inputs), and it was even more fun this time around! I also saw a couple of speedboats this time

I noticed some of the collisions may need a slight adjustment. When objects are thrown forwards (by the waves), it sometimes seems as though the wolf sprite has cleared them, but it still counts as a collision. Or perhaps that's just me being a bad player and a sore loser

Darn I had this updated but it seems I didn't send in the right file to Clay since I was rushing. But thanks for testing it a second time.

• There's an octopus too... well I'm just gonna have to keep playing it now then

• There's an octopus too... well I'm just gonna have to keep playing it now then

Thanks for testing mate, I appreciate it.

I'll be removing the game from clay to make adjustments since the contest is over.

• No problem, it was good fun! I look forward to seeing the finished version

• ehhhh! That game doesn't exist!

• -Link is dead-

• Looks pretty cooul and retro-unique

Why did you delete it?

• Beaverlicious

Much appreciated

I decided to remove the game to optimize it and then probably upload it to IOS and Android sometime in the future. For now I decided to just move on to a better project with my group. A project where I will be willing to put some real effort into

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)