Thumb Space

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:21 am

Hey Folks!

It’s time to take to the skies, strap a gun to your thumb and fight the enemy in this fast-action, adrenaline-fuelled, thumb shoot ‘em up!

Thumb Space is here! Download now on the app store

Check out the trailer:​

https://youtu.be/rcsLqMH1mJw

Image Image

Image Image

We need your help designing the next ship that will be added to the fleet!

Slap the creative grease onto your thumbs and start tinkering. The design must have an area to place your trusty thumb, fit neatly into a square and of course, keep it family friendly. Anything else goes!

It doesn’t matter if you have the drawing skill of a two thumbed human or a 4 thumbed chimp we’d love to see what you come up with.

To enter, head to Touch Arcade and drop a reply! Competition ends 14th May

Good luck, Thumbkind is relying on you
Last edited by 0Hayes on Mon May 09, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 21 times in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:57 pm

After a bit of feedback it seems like I need to find a way of breaking up the gameplay without completely relying on unlocks.

My idea is to add a couple of mini bosses that appear every X seconds (right now it's 15 for testing). I'd love to get you're opinion on if it benefits/compliments the gameplay.

I should note that the boss itself is entirely placeholder.

Anyway, here's a link to the boss testing: http://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/937565/preview
And here's the original: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/668579
Need help finding the right look for your game? I can help! hayes2D.com
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:19 pm

Oops, just noticed that the testing link was set to private. All fixed and working now. There are a couple of bugs in the build, but it should still work for testing.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:21 am

I love the art style! Really retro :D
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Joeriri wrote:I love the art style! Really retro :D

Thanks! I've just updated the build to include a temporary boss, keyboard and gamepad support.

The boss element needs a hell off allot more polish, but it seems to play pretty well and break up the endless onslaught nicely.

I'll also add some boss variants over the next couple of days. If you have any ideas for them, please let me know!
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:24 pm

Screenshot of the epic boss in action! I'll have unique graphics for them eventually, but for now I just want to get them working properly.
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 pm

While I'm designing the elite drones I believe I'll take this opportunity to re-design the current normal drones. They could really do with a revamp, little bit difficult to tell what they actually are at the moment.

Also think I'm going to have the drones drop scrap instead of just converting the score to scrap for the shop, will be fun to make the whole thing really juicy. The shop will only be in the App Store version mind you.

Anyway, looks like tomorrow is going to involve me getting carried away designing ships again xD

As always, let me know if you have any ideas!
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Finally updated the graphics on the standard drones!
Also for a limited time, your brave thumb can seek glory in the ever dangerous asteroid field!

B
S

Post » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:38 pm

Some more tweaks to the drones as well as a much needed graphics update for the UI.

B
S

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Image Image

Just completed the first elite drone design! Still have plenty of variations to build, but this should set the bar for the rest of them.

Also added an warning when an elite drone is about to appear as well as a couple of tweaks to the effects.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/668579

More elite drone designs coming soon as well as the first glimpses of the scrap system!
B
S

Next

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests