Thumb Space

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Imho the projectiles must be remade bigger and more colorful (kinda plasma bolts).
In the gifs they are too tiny, they don' t look like something that "hurts"...
Beautiful asteroid field background!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:28 pm

HR78 wrote:Imho the projectiles must be remade bigger and more colorful (kinda plasma bolts).
In the gifs they are too tiny, they don' t look like something that "hurts"...
Beautiful asteroid field background!

Thanks! I'll be adding a shop and unlock system eventually with more weapons (ones designed to have much more impact in every sense). Also the .gif is scaled down by about 50%, have you tried the actual game?

B
S

Post » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Started implementing the loot system. Eventually you’ll be able to spend scrap on unlocks such as new ships, ship trails, weapons, themes and mods!

Check out the build here and let me know what you think: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/668579

Image Image
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 pm

Still making progress towards the release build!

Most of the UI is in place:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/2423ea69c16b ... o1_400.png

All themes etc are in place:

And finally finished drone spawning including elite drones!

Just rebuilding the ammo system now. Not long left and everything should be complete! Aiming for a mid Feb release on the app store.

Hopefully I'll get some more time to make some regular posts instead of a torrent of spam like this haha
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:09 pm

Just finished Thumb Spaces unlock-able weapons so I thought I'd show them off!

Image Image Image Image Image

From left to right: Missile, Laser, Plasma Beam, Nuke and Rainbow Ray
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Tons of progress made since I last posted!

- Weapon tweaks: @HR78 You'll like this one, I've made the bullet and laser allot more chunky. After allot of similar feedback I decided to update them. I've also added a trail and some more details to the missile.

- Magnets and shields: Added magnet and shield consumables. Magnets pull the scrap towards you and shields essentially give you an extra life!

- Prizes!: Watch an add, pop a prize. Prizes range from scrap to shields and magnets.

- Loot drop: Collect 1500 scrap and unlock a loot drop! Smash the loot crate and see what you unlock. Unlocks can be ships, weapons, trails, themes, mods, shields and magnets.

I'm currently wrestling with getting in app purchases implemented and a couple of tweaks after feedback. After the shop is implemented I should be ready to upload to the App Store!
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:47 pm

:) WAY better! :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 pm

Every update is better than the previous. Well done :)
But do you will publish also for Android?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:36 pm

I do not know if there are changes, but I did not get how to reload, because the gunfire is fast and suddenly it becomes slow.

It is difficult to play with the cursor mouse. Are you going to put some keyboard control?

The graphics are really good!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:01 am

@HR78 Awesome!

@el3um4s Thank you very much! I don't have an android release currently planned though I will be updating the browser version that works on android.

@nemezes The browser version hasn't had any updates for some time while I've been rebuilding it for iOS from the ground up. In the new iOS version I have tweaked the reload button and how it is introduced which should eliminate some confusion (hopefully)!

As for controls, it actually has touch, mouse, gamepad and keyboard support (on browser). Simply use the chosen control method in the main menu to boot up the tutorial. It's not the best system just yet but it's on the list.

Thanks! And as I mentioned previous, I'm going to be updating the browser version. It will have 90% of the iOS features. I'll mostly be removing the iOS specific things such as the shop, prizes (for watching an ad), achievements and sharing.

Right now I'm being slowed down by this audio breaking bug the has been creeping up since iOS 8! ios-sound-problems-since-ios-9-2_t167412

Between hunting a fix for that I am building the shop and achievements.

As always, if you have any suggestions please let me know!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests