TibiaME Hops 1 Feedback

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:55 am

Hello,
I made this game at January 2014,and this is my first game,but i have upgrade it as well..
i need some feedback report about my game.

try my game here.
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/addicting-example-games/12273/tibiame-fans-tibiame-hops

Thanks :mrgreen:
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
58
S
12
G
1
Posts: 414
Reputation: 5,961

Post » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm at work and probably shouldn't be playing games so I took a quick look and the one thing I noticed is that your character would sometimes show behind the clouds/objects. Unless you wanted that effect I would suggest making sure you set the Z orders when adding the new objects.

Other than that nice job!
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pudgyplatypus

Learn to make a clicker game for cheap!
https://www.scirra.com/store/games-with ... e-game-666

Try out Pixel Golf on the Scirra Arcade!
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/sports-ga ... el-golf-67

Pudgy Platypus Games website!
www.pudgyplatypus.com
B
59
S
20
G
5
Posts: 212
Reputation: 7,390

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:57 am

Djfuzion wrote:I'm at work and probably shouldn't be playing games so I took a quick look and the one thing I noticed is that your character would sometimes show behind the clouds/objects. Unless you wanted that effect I would suggest making sure you set the Z orders when adding the new objects.

Other than that nice job!

Thanks man :mrgreen: ,how could i set the Z orders when adding the new objects?
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
58
S
12
G
1
Posts: 414
Reputation: 5,961

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 am

Seems like everything works find, It reminds me of a mobile game i played. I would recommend trying to add some new elements to spice it up a bit.
B
29
S
6
G
1
Posts: 93
Reputation: 3,020

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:17 am

@ZeroBelow new element? like what?
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
58
S
12
G
1
Posts: 414
Reputation: 5,961

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:06 am

idk, maybe make it where your speed increases the more coins you get. Or maybe you could add power ups that let you jump higher or destroy enemies/objects in your way. Maybe you could add enemies, platforms that are destroyed after you jump on them, platforms the make you jump higher or lower. You want to make it where the player wants to play your game and make it feel like the accomplish something.
i'll leave the rest for you to come up with.
B
29
S
6
G
1
Posts: 93
Reputation: 3,020

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:52 am

ZeroBelow wrote:idk, maybe make it where your speed increases the more coins you get. Or maybe you could add power ups that let you jump higher or destroy enemies/objects in your way. Maybe you could add enemies, platforms that are destroyed after you jump on them, platforms the make you jump higher or lower. You want to make it where the player wants to play your game and make it feel like the accomplish something.
i'll leave the rest for you to come up with.

okay,nice idea :mrgreen: but i dont know how to make it random and it will appear at the land.
~Everyone can make GAMEs~
B
58
S
12
G
1
Posts: 414
Reputation: 5,961

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 pm

Hardty wrote:@ZeroBelow new element? like what?


Cool, works very smoothly and feels nice to play!!!

New elements could be things like:
Powerups: for example - Boost, could launch player at high speed.
Obstacles: have enemies that the player has to avoid.
Dissolving platforms: platforms that the player needs to avoid, because they will crumble.

I also think that the clouds should be behind the platforms. At the moment the platforms are hidden sometimes by the clouds which is a little confusing to gameplay.
B
74
S
52
G
62
Posts: 406
Reputation: 39,080

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:57 pm

Hardty wrote:
Djfuzion wrote:I'm at work and probably shouldn't be playing games so I took a quick look and the one thing I noticed is that your character would sometimes show behind the clouds/objects. Unless you wanted that effect I would suggest making sure you set the Z orders when adding the new objects.

Other than that nice job!

Thanks man :mrgreen: ,how could i set the Z orders when adding the new objects?


Depends, when creating or adding the objects set the background objects to the bottom of the Z order or you can just set the Player object to the top of the Z order.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pudgyplatypus

Learn to make a clicker game for cheap!
https://www.scirra.com/store/games-with ... e-game-666

Try out Pixel Golf on the Scirra Arcade!
https://www.scirra.com/arcade/sports-ga ... el-golf-67

Pudgy Platypus Games website!
www.pudgyplatypus.com
B
59
S
20
G
5
Posts: 212
Reputation: 7,390


Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: justme5555 and 2 guests