Tiled background glitch

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:54 pm

yeah I noticed this too in my first project. I found out the only way to get rid of it was point sampling or adding transparent pixels like mentioned above. That was in r85
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 pm

anymore information about this issue because I've been having the same problem as well but I want my project to set to linear sampling since I have hand drawn sprites.

And what is the method of adding transparent pixels?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Hmmm I'm not sure if @Ashley had a deeper look into this.

Adding a transparent pixel only works if you are using tiled backgrounds that repeat on one axis. Just go to the image editor and resize it by one pixel (without stretching).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:13 pm

I don't believe this is a bug - I think people usually are getting confused by sub-pixel positioning and non-power-of-two textures. You can still use linear sampling and avoid tiled background seaming by enabling 'pixel rounding' in project properties.

So I'm actually going to close this report, especially since I can no longer find any of the repro .capx's or the links are dead (part of the reason I recommend Dropbox). If you have a Tiled Background which isn't tiling properly, and the Point sampling or Pixel Rounding project properties don't seem to help, please reproduce the project in a minimal new project and post a new bug report (and host the file on Dropbox!).
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Closed bugs