Tiled Background problem

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:37 pm

If you need pixel perfect display, set Pixel Rounding to 'On' in project properties, Sampling to 'Point', and set fullscreen-in-browser to either 'Off' or 'Letterbox integer scale'. Looks fine with those settings here. Note if you use the retro style template when creating a new project those settings are already chosen for you.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:42 pm

@Haematite
You also had that capx to start in Internet explorer. Try using another browser.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:49 pm

@Ashely ok, thanks for your help, I'll have a play around

@Newt yeah, I wouldn't normally be testing in IE, but I want to export a game to the Windows 8 Store so need to test it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Hi there guys, Im suffering the same problem here. Even with all corrections made. Setting the project like Ashley said, and using power of two measurements for the tiles, the problem persists.

I'm using Google Chrome to test my game btw.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:11 pm

Sorry to drag this up, but I have the exact same issue. As mentioned by @pcfernandesjr, I have also followed all instructions with regards to power of 2 size (128x128), Pixel Rounding (On), Sampling (Point) and scaling (Letterbox integer scale). Still I have a white line round my tiling backgrounds. Doesn't look like there's anything to be done about this, just wanted to log it here
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:59 am

I think I have a solution. Turn WebGL off. It works for me
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:53 am

[QUOTE=nurzhanCAKE] I think I have a solution. Turn WebGL off. It works for me[/QUOTE]
This doesn't work for me, neither any solution presented here. Sorry, but i sincerely think its a bug from Construct 2, since that my game have tested in other devices and appears the same problem.

Please, someone help!
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:34 am

I have exactly the same problem.

Setting Pixel rounding: On and Sampling: Point made it alot better but its still there...
I even tried "Letterbox integer scale" but the small line still exists.
Disable WebGL doesn't make any difference for me.

I made a little example here https://www.dropbox.com/s/wzpr2tejg2zobpc/BackgroundBug.capx
You can Pause/Play with Space.
I'll noticed that those small lines are visible in the Layout-Editor too, depending on zoom position.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 7:07 pm

I know this is an old post, but I came across it searching for this problem. Tiled background shows the top tile edge as a thin line and on slopes like hills.

For me it was caused by using the eraser to rub out on the top to make curves and it showed the tile edge line as it scrolled. When I drew the curves with the brush and coloured in and did not use the eraser it showed perfect. A bug??

Edit update, it was because I filled I the whole tile with different colours that fixed it. If you leave the top part blank transparent that caused my issue. Filling the whole tile is working ok.
Last edited by Terryc on Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 8:01 pm

@Ashley : I have issues with image editor for a long while now. Not sure how to reproduce it, but it's simple: you have an image, lets say 256x256, and you crop it, sometimes it will not fully crop, but leave 1px of transparent border that is unable to be removed or cropped any further.

For guys that have problems with seames, it might be scaling issue if you're project runs in unappropriate resolution. I always choose halves, quarters and such. For my current project, resolution is set 960x540, which is half of 1080, end even more, originally game was running in 480x270, so assets are only 16x16 and 32x32. At this way selected resolution, I have no problems with any seams, unless webGl effect is being applied to object itself, like floor tiles made out of sprites,something even as simple as blur, then seames appear ( no clue why ). My other settings are: Low quality scaling, point sampling, medium quality downscaling, pixel rounding Off, and webGl On. I use MagiCam plugins to zoom in, to get that original 480x270.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General