TiledBackground and saving projects

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match the similar cards with each other and free all animals!
  • C2 r53; Windows XP SP3; FireFox 6.0.1; ATI Radeon HD 4870

I saved a project from a single file to a folder project.

I tried to preview my project and got this check failure:

---------------------------
    Construct 2 Check failure
    Check failure!  This is probably a bug:

Cannot find file on disk to return over HTTP

Condition: FileExists(disk_path)
    File: HttpFileServer.cpp
    Line: 278
    Function: void __thiscall HttpFileServer::ServerRespond(struct _HTTP_REQUEST_V2 *)
    Build: release 53 (32-bit) checked
    Component: HTML5 exporter
    (Last Win32 error: 2)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way.  Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports!  Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
    Abandonner   Recommencer   Ignorer   

Looks like the local file server blew off with inexisting file, I'm kinda getting used to it.

Anyway, I exit C2, launch it again, try to open my folder project and now I get an error how my project is missing the object texture for the tiled background object.

A little workaround later, I copy my file (named "BGforest.png") in the textures folder and I am then able to open the project folder.

Like for audio files during r50, it seems that background textures don't get copied correctly from a save to another. (or at least from a single file to a folder project)

• I can't seem to reproduce this. I opened the Ghost Shooter tutorial .capx (which has a tiled background), and saved as a project. Running it after was fine, and the tiled background's image file was correctly copied to the project folder.

Does opening a project and saving like that reproduce it for you or had you edited the project before that happened?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The project was something I had been working on in the previous days.

I had a two days old capx file, opened it, made a new capx save.

Worked a bit on the capx and decided to switch to a folder project.

I can't reproduce it even now with the "originals" capx. It seems to happen after having executed C2 a while, or maybe some other trigger I can't seem to find now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)