Tilegrid Plugin IDEA

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:10 pm

Deadeye: the maths behind it is easy, but it would still be a useful object. It's essentially a special case of a 2D array that also corresponds elements to a position on the screen. Also, in Construct, the expression:

MouseX / 32 * 32

defaults to floating point division, so has the same effect as just setting to MouseX. You'd have to use round(MouseX / 32) * 32.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Infact, it could be probably done with normal arrays, but will require loads of work. Instead, having a simple and easy-to-use object will increase fun and accessibility during development.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:08 pm

[quote:17lki0s3]but will require loads of work[/quote:17lki0s3]
Yeah give Ashley more work :/

And making people lazy is not good... i know construct is about "no scripting to create" but it can be done easily in array.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:46 pm

[quote="Doppel":3f1dz6gd][quote:3f1dz6gd]but will require loads of work[/quote:3f1dz6gd]
Yeah give Ashley more work :/

And making people lazy is not good... i know construct is about "no scripting to create" but it can be done easily in array.[/quote:3f1dz6gd]

No offense, but will you and that other guy please shut up about that already? You're really getting on my nerves. I understand that you don't want this feature, fine, but that doesn't mean you have to keep making jabs at me even after I decided to drop the whole issue.

I already explained what I meant. Maybe you didn't notice, but that "call me lazy" bit was sarcasm. I said that in response to being told to try to make a game using C++ w/ Allegro.

Also, I don't understand why anyone would be against something that speeds up productivity and reduces the clutter and extra work of making a game, especially with a WYSIWYG program like Construct. I was just trying to emphasize how absurd I thought that was. I mean, it's like telling everyone not to use the built in movements but instead make your own platform movement, or own physics engine.

If you still don't understand what I'm trying to say, I can explain it again (for the third time) if you want, but right now I think we're just beating a dead horse.

Also, I admit. I forgot my basic math there for a second. I don't know how that slipped my mind. But that doesn't change the fact that I still would much prefer to use a tilegrid object than create a huge clusterfrick of an array just to make a grid. Especially when I can have the whole making of the grid part set up already and focus on actually making the game, where the effort actually counts.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:34 am

Well, it's on the todo list, so I don't know why you feel the need to keep flaming each other. Locked! :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion