Tilemap: del collision poly from individual tiles?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:17 pm

Hello

I'm stuck with just trying to get collision working. I don't know how to tell it to enable collision for non empty tiles.

I have the tilemap with a "solid" behaviour but it's doing collision even on empty tiles. Help?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:42 am

That's the expected behaviour. Every tile, regardless of what graphic is there, has a square collision box.

I had to make 2 tilemaps one on top of the other. One was solid and contained tiles I wanted collision to occur on. The other was floor tiles to walk over.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:21 am

I confirm. I use 2 tilemap and this is the way to go.. one for collision and one for no collision the rest should be sprites so no slowdown or nothing.. its an object like any others.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:05 pm

For my current project I have 4 tilemaps for a topish down zela-like view.

1 - Background (Stuff player walks on)
2 - Solids (Stuff player bumps into)
3 - Foreground (Stuff player walk behind
4 - Parallax Forground (Stuff like clouds, etc)

B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Silkc2, I know this post is old, but for those who are reading.

First you need to bring up the tilemap editor pannel. Then you need to click on the tile in the tilemap, then you need to click on the poly collision button, then you can map out the individual tiles collision

You can also flip, mirror, and rotate your tiles with this pannel.

You can apply physics behavior too but it is very very glitchy due to the fact that tilemaps can not rotate thus avoid it.
Need custom controls, video & sound options, and a PC like menu system with screenshot manager?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General