TileMap Drawing crashes with new win7x64 updates

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:25 pm

Problem Description
____ When i try to paint the tilemap, after about one hundred tiles painted, construct 2 crashes with the message "Construct 2 game creator has stopped working, Windows error, ecc.."
My game Has worked perfectly untill i installed the new win 7X64 updates of the 13-14/9/2016 about,
probably it's not a bug of c2 but incompatibility with the new win7 updates..____

Attach a Capx
____ https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwVhI ... 0xiLUVZU3M ____

Description of Capx
____ An example of a single TileMap 72000 x 72000 33px for each cells ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug
  • Step 1 Try to draw some tiles with different colours
  • Step 2 continue to draw tiles and see if the software crashes...
  • Step 3

Observed Result
____ Construct 2 crashes with the message "Construct 2 game creator has stopped working, Windows error, ecc.."____

Expected Result
____ C2 does not crash ____

Affected Browsers
___C2 Editor___

Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 7 x64 SP1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID
____ C2 R235 (64 bit)____
B
S

Post » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:04 pm

This is very strange... the file i've uploaded here don't crash anymore...and i've not installed or changed anything...It crashed every time before i upload it here...
Anyway my complete project continue to crash, but only when i draw the tilemaps...I can't upload the full project here, because it's huge and copyrighted... however i think the problem is related to tilemaps with a great numb of cells, or maybe is my PC... i really don't know... :?
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:34 pm

I drew loads of tiles and couldn't reproduce any crash. Closing as it sounds like it works for you now too.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs