Tilemap object, solid y colision.

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 am

Hello, is there any way to make a tile not detectable for collisions?

I have a tilemap object with solid, I want to eliminate the collision of some tiles but it is not possible because you can not delete the collision Maya, you can only leave 3 points at least in a Maya.
Even if you place the 3 points on the same pixel, for example at 0, 0, the collision will still be detected.

I want to avoid using another tilemap object just for this, so I ask this question.

Even if you put tile number 1000 there and your tileset does not have this tile, the collision will still be detected.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:24 pm

From the Tilemap manual:
If you wish to have tiles that are visible but do not register a collision, use two Tilemap objects layered on top of each other.

You probably read that as well. I am pretty sure that there is no other way of doing it apart from using a new tilemap on top of the other one.
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
- Albert Einstein
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:08 pm

randomly wrote:From the Tilemap manual:
If you wish to have tiles that are visible but do not register a collision, use two Tilemap objects layered on top of each other.

You probably read that as well. I am pretty sure that there is no other way of doing it apart from using a new tilemap on top of the other one.

Okay, it's inevitable to have to use another object for this.
Thank you.
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General