Tilemap spikess

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Enchanted Forest & Cave 16x16 Tilemap with Environment Sprites
  • So, i made a tilemap and in my tilesheet i have spikes, i was wondering if it was possible to single out the spikes so that when i collide with them it destroys my player? or would i have to import the spikes as a seperate sprite. Thanks for the help in advance and any help is appreciated!

• I did this once. I don't recommend it. heh.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ive never tired it but what if you had a "danger zone" sprite. Invisible but script it so every time a #4 Tile is created, create a DangerZone sprite at that location. Then just script it so when the player clips that sprite they die/take damage.

So if every tile #4 is the spikes, after the map is finished seeding have a for loop for every & Tile=Tile#4 create DangerZoneSprite at X=Tile4Instance0(X) Y=Tile4Instance0(Y) and have a variable ++1 for every time the loop runs and using that for which instance of the tile in question

But I have never tried it so I may need tweaking.

• Ive never tired it but what if you had a "danger zone" sprite. Invisible but script it so every time a #4 Tile is created, create a DangerZone sprite at that location. Then just script it so when the player clips that sprite they die/take damage.

So if every tile #4 is the spikes, after the map is finished seeding have a for loop for every & Tile=Tile#4 create DangerZoneSprite at X=Tile4Instance0(X) Y=Tile4Instance0(Y) and have a variable ++1 for every time the loop runs and using that for which instance of the tile in question

But I have never tried it so I may need tweaking.

This was great! Thank you for the suggestion, this is making life 1000x easier

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)