Time Scale not stopping everything. what gives? :)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi everyone,

I am doing a pause function that I want to freeze everything in place. In the past Time Scale set to 0.0 did the trick, but this time I'm noticing that several things continue to move (things that are driven by every tick) such as "Pollution.X-5".

Any reason why some objects would keep moving? I am using tweenlite in some cases, but those are not the problem.. its definitely things motivated by "per tick" actions

you can see the pause problem here http://part12studios.com/temp/BeeGood5/

Thanks!
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 pm

part12studios wrote:Hi everyone,

I am doing a pause function that I want to freeze everything in place. In the past Time Scale set to 0.0 did the trick, but this time I'm noticing that several things continue to move (things that are driven by every tick) such as "Pollution.X-5".

Any reason why some objects would keep moving? I am using tweenlite in some cases, but those are not the problem.. its definitely things motivated by "per tick" actions

you can see the pause problem here http://part12studios.com/temp/BeeGood5/

Thanks!
Caleb

Pollution.X-5*dt will work, and will also keep it at the same speed at lower framerates
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 5:33 pm

ah cool i was thinking about using dt.. but hadn't gotten around to it.. I'll try that out!

Thanks,
Caleb
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 5:37 pm

To be correct, I think in your case, you want Pollution.X-5*dt*60

Basically, adding dt every tick will have add 1 every seconds at a timescale of 1
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 5:39 pm

oh thanks! you just fixed the issue.. i thought there was something more too it but couldn't remember.. use *60.. very important :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?