Timeframe for EXE exporter?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Downloaded it. Installed Python. Then ran the Chromeless bat. Bat said it needed XULRunner and proceeded to auto download it. But gave an MD5 error. I then went and manually installed XULRunner. Tried again and gave me the same error. It's not detecting XULRunner it seems. I'll keep trying. What may be causing it: The python script asks for an old version of XULRunner since the project is not updated since september. Had potential though.Kiyoshi2012-01-03 22:04:22
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:49 am

Browser should just download to hardrive and execute it like a windows executable. I don't see why it must be so difficult.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:45 pm

You'd open yourself up to malicious attacks if that were true. So it's in place purely for security reasons, as browsers running JS for example could be easily exploited otherwise.

Anyhow, I've kinda given up on the awesomium idea for now... While certainly one of the best frameworks out right now, its sadly just not there yet. Managed to write a wrapper for it, also managed to build in an automatic local server deploy, however it all feels rather unstable. There are constant sound problems, occasional problems with catching mouse input, lag at times and the list goes on...

I'll be waiting for their next stable release as it is said to eliminate the sound issues and some more stuff... So yeah, guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Cheers
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Awh, that's too bad. Thanks for trying anyway :)
B
G

Post » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Yeah that's bad. I've tried it and found that: It's too heavy, takes too much memory, takes some time to load, the documentation is terrible etc. Don't know how the Wolfire guys managed to make their entire engine/editor around it.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm

I looked at Chromeless too but it doesn't seem to be regularly updated, which is really important since browsers are moving fast.

Awesomium also needs an update or two, since it still doesn't support WebGL, Web Audio API etc.

I guess in conclusion, for now as far as wrappers are concerned, nothing's quite there yet. Perhaps ironically the only way that would work is installing IE9 and using the IE ActiveX control :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:27 am

[QUOTE=Ashley]Perhaps ironically the only way that would work is installing IE9 and using the IE ActiveX control :P[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on that? lol
B
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General