Timescale doesn't apply to webGL effects

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • Problem Description

When setting timescale to 0 (and likely modified to any value), webGL effects don't seem to be affected by it.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36472942/construct/bugs/WebGl_Timescale_r205.2.capx

Description of Capx

Sprite has the "Water" WebGL effect.

Sprite2 is just a looping animation for demonstration purposes.

Button sets the timescale to 0 (the idea is to use it to pause the execution of the game)

Button2 sets the timescale back to 1 ("unpause")

Click the button (Pause) and button2 (Unpause)

Observed Result

Sprite2 (colors) do stop its execution, whereas the water WebGl effect is still applied and "moving" when timescale is set to 0

Expected Result

That the water effect on Sprite stops as well when Timescale is set to 0 to fully pause the game.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: YES
    • FireFox: YES
    • Internet Explorer: Not tested

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 pro; Chrome 43; FF 38.0.1

Construct 2 Version ID

205.2 beta

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do fx use frames?

Then what about timescale for individual objects?

• this issue i think i encountered 4 months ago or more when i was doing a jumping game, and used webgl effects for lava heat temperature inside a volcano, and if i remember correctly the webgl glass effects where not affected by the pause (timescale) . however not sure if they are good to be stopped on pause, no game pauses the effects as it make it look more cool, unless its a effect on some character and not on some environmental object(as water, room temperature, sun heat)

dident think'd was actually a bug

the game was on old arcade, some weird title volcano escape on this account or the other1 that was linked to this mail i have maybe it helps if there is a backup of the arcade, from back then and check the actually release of the game and time of bug, for sure was a beta c2 version il try search my computer if wold help in anyway

• I think the biggest issue is that fx can have what ever arbitrary value the creator decides to use.

You can use the timescale expressions and compensate there, but I think the best bet is to change the shader parameters manually when you change the timescale.

• I can reproduce, but this does not appear to be a regression and we're due a stable release, so I will postpone a fix until the next beta cycle.

• Should be fixed in the next beta.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)