Timing questions (web)

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily add web monetization to your game and start earning money from supporting visitors.
  • I'm working on a simple HTML5 game that is hosted on my website. It uses the physics engine and everything looks great on my PC and my iPad Plus. But on my wife's older iPad it looks like the game is running in slow motion. It's odd because the movement isn't jerky, like the game has low FPS, it's just that movement and bounces are slow.

I just realized that my wife's iPad is still running 7.1 and I don't think WebGL was introduced until iOS 8, right? She will divorce me if I mess up her iPad so I have been hesitant to upgrade, but would that make my game run better?

Some research last night taught me about delta time and I learned that older devices CAN make physics-based objects look like they are moving in slow motion. But the same article said that the built-in objects already use some form of delta time. So I was surprised when I noticed that my object with sine movement (period of 1 second) was moving about 50% faster on my PC than my wife's iPad. Shouldn't sine movement be framerate independent?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try updating the ipad. It will not screw anything up.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)