Tint Screen and Light Affect?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:06 am

I tried looking through Construct 2's features for these, as well as searching through the forums and tutorials. Didn't find what I needed, so anyway here's what I'm talking about. Is there a possible way I can do this in Construct 2 normally or any plugins existing that do either of these or both? I'm aware of the Canvas plugin, but I heard it lags on large layouts.

Tint screen:
No, not tinting a sprite. Tinting the whole screen, in terms of changing the current red/green/blue/grey values (from -255 to 255) to change the overall tent of the screen. Some screenshots:
Before screen tint (normal)
After tint

Light Affect:
Making a visual affect where an object that is a source of light (such as a campfire or lamp) has a brighter tint on it compared to the rest of the layout, with a layout traditionally darker than the light source.
Example (look at the streetlamps}
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs I have made:
Zelda-Style Inventory
Zelda Hearts System

The unwritten "How do I" capx etiquette! Nearly always provide a capx of the problem you have, and try to isolate the problem and/or no capx above 10 MB. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:17 am

First one I'm not too sure about. You could cheat and put a layer on top of everything else with a transparent colored block, which would change the colors a bit, but not quite the way you want. It might be your only option at this point though.

Second one is a lighting effect that you can find an example of in the example folder, appropriately titled "lighting". Lemme know if you need help getting it working, I'm using it in my game too.

What are those screenshots from, by the way? Some kind of fan-made Chao RPG? SullyTheStrange2012-01-12 04:18:21
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:43 am

The screenshots are from a postponed project of mine on a different engine, and yes. As of for what I'm working on, I'm working on a single player fan-made fantasy Chao RPG with a friend unsurprisingly.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs I have made:
Zelda-Style Inventory
Zelda Hearts System

The unwritten "How do I" capx etiquette! Nearly always provide a capx of the problem you have, and try to isolate the problem and/or no capx above 10 MB. :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:08 am

Sounds awesome. Looks like fan-made stuff is the only love Chao's are gonna get, based on Sega's current track record. Best of luck to ya!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?