Tinydudes - The Stolen Candy

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:02 am

@retrodude Thank you! :) Yeah it's hard to be the a one man army, and I realize that if I ever want to succeed I need people to work with. It has however been a great learning journey creating the two first construct two games and getting them published (but, as you know, Mr Poo McFarts Poo And Fart Adventures, has a bit trouble getting in to the app store). I've learned a lot regarding game development, marketing, construct 2, as well as how to draw. Looking back at the past two years my artwork has progressed a lot but I am well aware that I am lacking in that area. The thing about game development is that the game gets soooo much better when you have people that are able to focus at a smaller area instead of one guy trying to do it all. My next goal is to create a game together with someone else. A dedicated designer would be awesome to work with, as well as another developer to help get those extra hours into the game.

Thanks again for recognizing the game! :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:38 pm

Really nice game. I haven't played because I don't have dollars, but it looked really nice in the vid. I have a question. Did you experienced any problem implementing physics with cocoonjs?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:47 pm

@Gurrufio Thank you! You reminded me, I've only done a free version for Android... I should upload one for the app store as well.

I had a lot of troubles with physics and cocoonjs, in some versions of construct 2 and cocoonjs. But I think you should be fine in the newest versions as long as you do NOT use the accelerated physics option. I'm still waiting for Ludei to get the accelerated physics compatible with construct 2, but they are not there yet.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:28 pm

@OneMuppet I had not realized of the free version for android will check it out. Thank you for the reply. I will take note about that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 pm

I think your art is fine btw...
so much crap art out there in other games.
Could it be better .. sure ... but it looks pretty good to me.producermark112013-10-29 12:28:39
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 pm

@producermark11 thank you, encouragement is always welcome! :) When I'm looking back 2 years and looking at the art I produced then compared to now, it is good progress but I'm not sure I will ever take the time to be awesome at design. I think being ok at most things and not an expert at any thing is more my thing. Maybe putting together a team of experts and managing a game development project would be what I would be best at, time will tell :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:31 pm

It look intricate but pretty, very well done!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 pm

@mwmdragon Thank you!

I am really happy for all the great feedback and constructive criticisms from everyone! It gives me energy to try and get better at this!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations