Tips needed to create simple mechanism

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:22 pm

You'll need to use families for this way to work properly. Here's a quickly hacked together edit to your .capx think it works as you want I haven't fully tested.

I've added the needed instance variables to the family variables so you can check the states correctly.

OWCA.capx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:50 pm

@Minor yest something is going on now finally :)
i update with one more thing take a look how it works now I'll carry a few amendments and will be perfect.

You can take this example to yours group of tutorials and create tutorial

Hmmm i saw this now.... it works with correct order too?? yes:)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:17 pm

Yes it will only connect a road piece to a piece that is already placed correctly.

You'll have to work on placement a bit as it will place a piece where it was dropped so technically you could drop each piece on top of each other. Personally I would do like you did with the startx & starty variable and hard code the correct position to 2 variables and snap there when dropped.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:53 am

i have made a solution to you problem using only one sprite object for a road using frames as parts : it works 100%

- if the part is in correct order and you droped it close to the previous one it will stick to the right position
- if the part is not in the right order it will go back to the original position.

as i have seen in the solution above you need a lot of work to make stick in the right position.

here is the event-sheet below it may look conplicated but it work correctly:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:08 pm

@warville good example. Thanks for your initiative.
I modify Minor's example and i made this its very similiar to yours
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:02 pm

it doesn't work, maybe you uploaded the wrong version of the file.
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:22 am

Well I've been looking at this since it began. This is just an idea not very good, but it may work.
1.Make up an animation of the path, set it to frame 1 on start.
2. when you drap the matching part on to path it plays the next frame and you distroy the part.

things to do, pin collision box to the parts and have new one appear at the end of each animation of the path
so the part would have to collide with that new collision box each time.

Well that's my effort not very good sorry, I'm a total newbie
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?