To the developers of Construct2 and the Mods some advice

0 favourites
  • I noticed a lot of games made with Construct2 that have reached high in googleplay charts and IOS charts, even been featured but yet in the showcase section you have the same games for a year now. If you want to bring in much more business you have to show how awesome this tool is and showcase the games that got featured like

1)

2)

3)

100,000-500,000 downloads

4)

Not as many downloads but exceptional mobile game

5) Console Quality Graphics running on Construct2 by far the best example that this is a protool.

Plus there is some isometric android game I forgot the name of that has a great amount of downloads. I get tired of reading in some threads that construct 2 is not a pro tool. I just brought it and already I see the power of it made a game and it ran the same speed on my computer as my phone. I think the work you guys are doing is great but you badly need a showcase section to show that there are successful games in both appstores and steam to the new users. Construct 2 is on the same level as the other game engines, but you guys don't show enough case studies of successful Construct2 games. Thanks for making an awesome tool!!

• Good idea. Almost all of the competitors have their showcase page.

https://www.yoyogames.com/showcase

http://www.stencyl.com/game/showcase/

http://gamesalad.com/creator/featured-games

Just to name a few.

Even if Scirra won't make a seperate page for this (but it would be a good idea in my opinion), updating (and expanding) the content on the front page can do well for business. Also it would help to get developers see C2 as a more serious tool. I think this topic should be brought to Tom 's attention.

• Yeah... The showcase section needs a little bit of a refresh since those game are somewhat old now...

• Ignatius is looking quite awesome, I had missed it.

• Good idea. Almost all of the competitors have their showcase page.

https://www.yoyogames.com/showcase

http://www.stencyl.com/game/showcase/

http://gamesalad.com/creator/featured-games

Just to name a few.

Even if Scirra won't make a seperate page for this (but it would be a good idea in my opinion), updating (and expanding) the content on the front page can do well for business. Also it would help to get developers see C2 as a more serious tool. I think this topic should be brought to Tom 's attention.

Yes I checked out those other showcases and looked at the game. The Next Penelope made with Construct2 is much better than 90% of the games made by other engines. To be honest as far as mobile I don't see any game made with Stencyl, Gamesalad or Game Maker that comes close to Construct2 Ignatius game. Only competitor we have in the mobile space is Unity. Thats why we need a showcase section badly, its not even my opinion is to shut up anyone who says Construct2 isn't serious. Construct2 is on the rise !!! Especailly in the mobile space.

EDIT: Also check out the game Will for googleplay.

• +1

I've told Scirra about this years ago.

• Iconoclasts! oh wait... that'c construct classic...

• The showcase should definitely be expanded upon, however, feature/highlight games should remain. Because I think they are excellent examples to promote new developers to C2 to strive harder to reach those quality status.

It was The Next Penelope that really inspired me to push harder in C2, to set the bar higher and not just think of it as a simplistic engine for simple mobile games. I am very glad I did.

• The showcase should definitely be expanded upon, however, feature/highlight games should remain. Because I think they are excellent examples to promote new developers to C2 to strive harder to reach those quality status.

It was The Next Penelope that really inspired me to push harder in C2, to set the bar higher and not just think of it as a simplistic engine for simple mobile games. I am very glad I did.

Exactly the showcase should be expanded showing new and old hit games. The Next Penelope was incredible and the platformer thats on the showcase page as well. We need the new blood like Ignatius which shows how you can mobile optimize your game without cutting out features.

• Agree!

• Ignatius pretty brilliant. With a good artist you can make beautiful game! I would love to see this added to the main page.

I have my own favorite CoinOp Story but it is still not finished.

• Ignatius pretty brilliant. With a good artist you can make beautiful game! I would love to see this added to the main page.

I have my own favorite CoinOp Story but it is still not finished.

Thanks for the feedback yes Ignatius is excellent because it runs so smoothly on android devices. It has a cool storyline and more advanced than average platformers. Also its a lot better than most of the games that comes out this year 2D games to be specific.

I can't wait to see your CoinOp story game!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Updated 1st post with an amazing game called City of Amber being developed right now. Its mind blowing what these guys are doing with Construct2 and they should get our support. They also need to be on the front page!!

• Oh the coinop story is not my game, it is just my favorite so to say. It is developed by Kamizoto if I am typing correct. I also have game underway, but I am too slow to do any progress (busy life!!) and it may not fit (?).

• Oh the coinop story is not my game, it is just my favorite so to say. It is developed by Kamizoto if I am typing correct. I also have game underway, but I am too slow to do any progress (busy life!!) and it may not fit (?).

I hope your game does come out just keep at it and if you run into problems ask and you should get some answers. I been having a beast of a time with my game until I figured out how to use local storage and if statements.

Also check out City of Ember being made with Construct2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)