Todo List

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • How many more exporters are there on this list ?

Lets get them out of the way quickly so some of the stuff thats been asked about for ages has a chance of being done.

• Out of curiosity, what are the things in C2 that are preventing you making a hit game for PC at the moment?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Out of curiosity, what are the things in C2 that are preventing you making a hit game for PC at the moment?

None.

It's not about the software, it's about the person(s) making the game with the software.

spongehammer: For now, Ashley will likely go back to working on the multiplayer plugin anyway.

I guess he had a "quicky" with implementing an Ejecta solution to propose an alternative to deploy on iOS.

• None.

It's not about the software, it's about the person(s) making the game with the software.

Yes, that was my point also. It's not always the tools, people.

• Kyatric

I dont recall saying i had any problem creatiing my games. I am just pointing out that there is a list of things which have been requested, and confirmed by Ashley that they are on the list, that still havent been implemented.

These are requests that go back quite a while.

[quote:1zpucr2x]Yes, that was my point also. It's not always the tools, people.

Correct, and sometimes it is, people.

• Are 16 exporters not enough?

• Are 16 exporters not enough?

Might want to hire someone to crank out exporters 24/7

</sarcasm>

• Ashley

Thats my point, which perhaps you missed in the original post.

Also your post may just highlight why other things on the list aren't being done.

• We are working hard. Multiplayer is a great example of a major feature that has been a #1 feature request on the todo list for a long time, but it involves lots of development work. A better iOS exporter has been a significant feature request from a lot of users for a long time as well, so I think that is an important step. Also, look at the changelogs for builds that are coming out: we are still addressing other requests, like accessing multiple audio/video sources with User Media and AJAX timeouts in r165, not to mention a steady stream of bug fixes and optimisations. We get such a large volume of feature requests that it is inconceivable that we could possibly address everything even within several months. Everyone has their favourite feature request they want to see implemented, but everyone's are different, so unfortunately you may need a little patience.

• Ashley

Dont get me wrong, i understand how hard you're working, thats obvious in your output, and i have the greatest respect for that effort.

I guess it just seems that some stuff gets lost in the list of things to do.

• Correct, and sometimes it is, people.

Haha, well... that's also true. Hear hear. I was just referring to all these new feature requests that can be seen here lately. Clearly you are not one of the "new guys" and my apologies if I sounded rude.

• +1 for the new Ejecta exporter. +1 for having thoughts about giving the Ejecta guys a helping hand to everyone's benefit. +1 for all your constant hard work and keeping mentally sane in the same time

• As far as I can tell, Ashley has created the exporters when they have been available. I doubt a tonne of work has gone into them, but an incredible amount of work has gone into optimising games, adding in great features such as the multiplayer tools as well as fine tuning the tools we already have.

Not sure what the point of this post is. Sure, we have a lot of plugins, but there are a lot of devices out there at the moment, and with smart watches coming out over the next year, people may want to develop for those too.

Frankly, C2 has been in a state to allow me to make the game I want since around version 100. All these extra updates have just been appreciated.

• Ha dont worry about that

AnD4D

Yes i agree. C2 is fine for making the games i want to make too. My rather blunt (it seems) point was that some features which have been on the list for a long time and which would seem to be reletively easy to implement just get pushed further back every time another exporter is released. As i said, i have the greatest respect for the Scirra team and the huge amount of work they get through. I suppose the frustration stems from the fact there is no road map, or set of feature we can look at and see them being ticked off the list. Of course i am sure Ashley does have a list somewhere

• AnD4D Well, as we all know, even he smallest of tasks can take up some hours, and with this new exporter he saved others hours of continuing mindless work. So, I'm grateful

spongehammer There will always be a great discrepancy between the users and their wishes and what the developers plan is how to evolve and position their app. But I do have the impression, that Ashley tends to listen and think about the wishes. That's not bad isn't it, more than some other app-developers do

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)