Todo List

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:27 pm

spongehammer wrote: Correct, and sometimes it is, people.

Haha, well... that's also true. Hear hear. I was just referring to all these new feature requests that can be seen here lately. Clearly you are not one of the "new guys" and my apologies if I sounded rude.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:23 pm

+1 for the new Ejecta exporter. +1 for having thoughts about giving the Ejecta guys a helping hand to everyone's benefit. +1 for all your constant hard work and keeping mentally sane in the same time :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:31 pm

As far as I can tell, Ashley has created the exporters when they have been available. I doubt a tonne of work has gone into them, but an incredible amount of work has gone into optimising games, adding in great features such as the multiplayer tools as well as fine tuning the tools we already have.

Not sure what the point of this post is. Sure, we have a lot of plugins, but there are a lot of devices out there at the moment, and with smart watches coming out over the next year, people may want to develop for those too.

Frankly, C2 has been in a state to allow me to make the game I want since around version 100. All these extra updates have just been appreciated.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:03 pm

@robotecollective

Ha dont worry about that :-)

@AnD4D

Yes i agree. C2 is fine for making the games i want to make too. My rather blunt (it seems) point was that some features which have been on the list for a long time and which would seem to be reletively easy to implement just get pushed further back every time another exporter is released. As i said, i have the greatest respect for the Scirra team and the huge amount of work they get through. I suppose the frustration stems from the fact there is no road map, or set of feature we can look at and see them being ticked off the list. Of course i am sure Ashley does have a list somewhere :-)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:40 am

@AnD4D Well, as we all know, even he smallest of tasks can take up some hours, and with this new exporter he saved others hours of continuing mindless work. So, I'm grateful :)

@spongehammer There will always be a great discrepancy between the users and their wishes and what the developers plan is how to evolve and position their app. But I do have the impression, that Ashley tends to listen and think about the wishes. That's not bad isn't it, more than some other app-developers do ;)
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General