Toggle disable: for includes and variable?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hey Scirra. It would be great if I can toggle the includes and variables just like the events and actions. Why is it not possible? Is there a reason for that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hum I think it has to see with the structure of the project. (that's why, when you delete a global variable, it automaticly delete the events related/using this variable)

For example, if you'd toggle a gloabl variable, then any code relying on the use of that variable over the whole project would be somewhat discarded.

For includes, a workaround is to put the include in a group.

You can then toggle that group, enabling or disabling the inclusion.

• Good idea with the workaround. Good as always!

• It's more then a workaround, actually, as it may allow you, in a single event sheet, to decide what to include.

This is what I did in my current project, allowing to switch from a mechanic to another in a single layout.

(one side is a track editor, the other side is driving the car in the track we just made).

The user can switch back and forth, staying in a single layout, and accessing different HUD and actions according to the included event sheet.

• Cool. Like to see, when it is finished!

• It's far from finished, but I'll surely throw some beta tests/videos around along the way, don't worry.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)