Toggle Shaders

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 am

Say for example I want every single object in my game to have the sketch shader, but I want the player to be able to toggle it whenever they want.

So, to do this, I put every object into the same family, and then applied the shader to that family. This does what I want in-game, but when I try to edit the levels, they all have the shader applied. This isn't such a big deal when it comes to sketch, but lens? Glass? Then it gets hard.

So, my question is... how do I toggle the shader on and off in layout mode?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am

You can set "Enable WebGL" to off while you working in editor.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:43 am

[QUOTE=shinkan] You can set "Enable WebGL" to off while you working in editor.[/QUOTE]

Good idea, but I have to remember to turn it on each time I test the level, which I do quite often. Seems odd I can enable/disable them in the editor, but not in the layout.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:44 am

Yeah it would be good to have a way to toggle them, like a checkbox in the 'view' menu.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 am

[QUOTE=ramones] Yeah it would be good to have a way to toggle them, like a checkbox in the 'view' menu.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that way we could have them start disabled, just like booleans. I'd also like to be able to toggle them:

Upon pressing space, toggle effect active. I know you can work around this easily enough, but it's nice to have the option.
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

B
S
G

Return to How do I....?