Toggle silent not muteing ingame music (Cocoon.io)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I added some music to my game and added mute button with "Toggle silent" functionality. The thing is, after compiling the APK with Cocoon.io, the button mutes only soundeffects of the game but not the music? It works when previewing project in C2, but after installing the apk on the phone it doesn't mute the music...

Anyone had similar experience?

• saf I had the same problem. Doesn't seem to work after export. So I used set volume to -100 to simulate mute and 0 for not muted and that works well. But there are other solutions you can use if it suits better.

• saf I had the same problem. Doesn't seem to work after export. So I used set volume to -100 to simulate mute and 0 for not muted and that works well. But there are other solutions you can use if it suits better.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm confused why the sound effects (jump sound, power-up etc...) get muted and the music doesn't. I'll try to work around it but would really like to understand why this happens...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • saf I understand that. I haven't used silent mode recently but I put all my music in the sound folder when working on mobile games instead of the music folder so the game loads all sounds and everything plays when it should without delays.

This is OK as long as you have small loops but if you have really big soundtracks then they should be in the music folder to avoid long loading times. But for small sized music files the sound folder have worked much better than it does when I put them in the music folder.

• I've isolated that this is a Canvas+ issue, when compilling using Webview+ everything works as expected...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)