Too bad...

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:48 pm

C3 has so much potential but I've lost interest for now. Maybe I'll try again after the Alpha testing phase is over.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:20 pm

Well it's not like they are paying you to test it.
Then again, at some point you have to pay to use it.
Kinda feels like deja vu actually.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Is there anything in particular that's put you off?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Just that at this point it really feels more like an alpha build then a beta ready for public testing. There's not much that can be done properly with it at this point. I'll give it another look once it's more properly developed.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:28 pm

It feels to much like a C2 2.0 So far. I know there's mention of a few upgrades. But we are testing pretty much C2 on browser.
If I would like to test my current project, I cant because of the limitations so I cannot really make my mind about the project.
Just my two cents
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 pm

FraktalZero wrote:It feels to much like a C2 2.0 So far. I know there's mention of a few upgrades. But we are testing pretty much C2 on browser.

It is basically that now due to the locked features. That's why I am going to wait until more features has been opened to actually test new stuff. Also Addons for me. :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:36 am

@helena, thanks for clarifying that. Ill give it a chance at that point then.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:42 am

FraktalZero wrote:But we are testing pretty much C2 on browser.

That is expressly what we are testing, yes. Read www.scirra.com/blog/ - the team are working on getting C2 functionality working in-browser first - so... yeah, it's going to be C2 on a browser :? Isn't that really enough, for now?

On launch, C2 didn't include an image editor, a physics engine, tilemapping, social media integration, complex collision polygons, multiplayer, not even half the exporters or publishing plugins, web-font support, lighting, positioned audio, LOS, debugger or profiler... the list goes on. I know a lot of these things are missing from C3 at present - but this team is no slouch! Have a little faith.
The LEVEL GENERATOR TOOLKIT

24 functions dedicated to producing randomly generated terrain for all kinds of games.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:03 am

@mrtumbles

I have to disagree. Porting C2 into a browser is not enough to merit a C3 beta. That would be a Proof-of-Concept at best.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:09 am

mrtumbles wrote:
FraktalZero wrote:But we are testing pretty much C2 on browser.

That is expressly what we are testing, yes. Read http://www.scirra.com/blog/ - the team are working on getting C2 functionality working in-browser first - so... yeah, it's going to be C2 on a browser :? Isn't that really enough, for now?

On launch, C2 didn't include an image editor, a physics engine, tilemapping, social media integration, complex collision polygons, multiplayer, not even half the exporters or publishing plugins, web-font support, lighting, positioned audio, LOS, debugger or profiler... the list goes on. I know a lot of these things are missing from C3 at present - but this team is no slouch! Have a little faith.

That's a great point and I want to add something I feel a lot of people don't realize.
While Ashley and team has not mentioned money being a big part of their decisions recently (as they shouldn't) all those features were possible, and C2 is the great engine we have now, because people paid for it, supported it and they were able to constantly add onto it.

Cash flow must be tight selling one off licenses to an ever-shrinking target audience.

Although it would have been great to have gotten more than quality of life and performance updates for the launch of C3, I will support it, because that money will be used to fund Construct's Team to continue building on it.
B
S
G

Next

Return to General Discussion