[Tool][CV] C2 2D Array JSON Generator

1 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • C2 2D Array JSON Generator is a free tool I developed to ease up the development of games. The main benefits of this tool is that it will significantly save up development time, maintain clean events, avoid the thought of choice about using your applications to make the array contents in-game which in some cases is a bad idea for once stored data especially with those with thousands of array elements. Some make separate projects, then use the event sheets to generate their data and download the contents to load it to their original project. By experience, this is a very inefficient method especially if you have numerous data and if the data method is to be updated, adjust or fixed, the event logic too needs to be recreated. Which is very time consuming and isn't practical anymore in the long run.

Hence, I made a tool that should solve that problem. I've noticed that a complete tool that can manage wider ranges of elements, tasks and user-friendly interface isn't available yet as far as I looked in the community, no free ones at least.

This program should make game development easier with Arrays. You can even use this program to preview your own Array's data using its visualized interface just by loading the output JSON.

You can change values through loop by columns / C2Array X-axis (Y-Axis).

You can change values through loop by rows / C2Array Y-axis (X-Axis).

You can also set the values of all present elements at the same time.

Features:

• Add / Subtract X/Y Axis size.
    • 2 Save Slots for quick saves. It can be easily loaded by the 2 Load Slots. After the Save State is loaded, the corresponding save slot will be cleared.
    • Generate / Load Array JSON.
    • Set data all at once.
    • Set data by column through a loop.
    • Set data by row through a loop.
    • Can handle thousands of array elements.

Since i only made this originally for my own project, there are a few left out features that i didn't need and isn't added yet into this tool. For example, the 3D Array JSON Generator. It is very doable although since this feature is rarely used by 2D games, it made more sense just to left it out for a while. Do PM me if you do need this or another feature and I'll see what I can do.

• Dictionary JSON Generate.
    • 3D Array JSON Generator & Interface.
    • Set Row/Column through loops with variables.

REMINDER :: Because of C2 Array's design. The X-Axis / Width & Y-Axis are interchanged.

Do you like my tool? You can support by donating.

Download Here:

64-bit : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjcW2ueud6qpgP8ycGk_VcSTHytnfQ

32-bit : https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjcW2ueud6qpgP9CsUkMbLoaUqeAVw

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • REMINDER :: Because of C2 Array's design. The X-Axis / Width & Y-Axis are interchanged.

In mathematics (and in Construct), the X axis is horizontal and Y is vertical.

You can check this discussion on the subject, and that's why the C3 array editor has been implemented the way it was.

• > REMINDER :: Because of C2 Array's design. The X-Axis / Width & Y-Axis are interchanged.

>

In mathematics (and in Construct), the X axis is horizontal and Y is vertical.

You can check this discussion on the subject, and that's why the C3 array editor has been implemented the way it was.

I know that of course. I'm just saying that the way C2 Array handles items is based on the X-axis (Colums). But in real life, table items are on the Y-Axis (Rows).

So for ease of use. I simply interchanged it to compensate for C2's design or all array designs, regardless of coordinate system rules.

Though, i just heard about C3's array editor. Maybe if i have the time i'll make it more compatible with C3's array editor with more features.

This tool was made in just a few hours and as i said before, i only made this for the purpose of finishing my project which handles a lot of array data. If people find this useful and they don't have a C3 license to use the native C3 array editor, i'll let them use this.

• the way C2 Array handles items is based on the X-axis (Colums). But in real life, table items are on the Y-Axis (Rows).

Consider reading the linked topic.

• > the way C2 Array handles items is based on the X-axis (Colums). But in real life, table items are on the Y-Axis (Rows).

>

Consider reading the linked topic.

Read it. And my answer was:

[quote:k5axvqbt]

Though, i just heard about C3's array editor. Maybe if i have the time i'll make it more compatible with C3's array editor with more features.

I'm completely aware about how arrays work.

I'll add an invert option and place the items in the X-axis with complete features i tend to release, 3D array support and dictionary when i redesign it if i have the time or when i need it.

Though, you don't understand that people are used to this design rather than what arrays are in programming and mathematics. It's like converting table[columns, rows] to array[x,y]. It doesn't match, it's arbitrary to say it is. Since items are placed differently on both cases. This is originally meant for visual ease of use but I understand as you pointed out that you think it's more confusing when trying to place it on events. So it's fair to make an additional option.

• Though, you don't understand that people are used to this design rather than what arrays are in programming and mathematics.

Well I'm afraid that since Maths came first, it is the default and starting point we all build upon as common base.

And, as I mentioned in the thread, even if human readability works best in the inverted way, the "logic way" is the one by default that has been used for thousand of years prior to the invention of computer databases.

Again, this has been discussed and stated in the topic I already invited you to read and agreed upon by several people (including myself as part of this conversation, so I must admit having a hard time having you there coming back at me and telling me I have trouble understanding something I did already state in the past).

• Looks great, and very useful, thanks!

I'm giving it a try, but seems the scrollbars are stuck... I cannot scroll at all, is it only a my problem?

• MassimoF - I was on a rush and had no time so I resorted to using Keyboard : Arrow Keys as a method of scrolling. Sorry about that. I am planning to make a complete version soon whenever I get the free time but for the meantime that'll have to do.

Is it a big inconvenience? If it is, I could add it ASAP.

• Ah, ok, arrows scrolling is perfect for me, no need for anything else.

Thx again

• hmm, I still have a problem - when loading JSON files, only the string fields are filled, the numeric (integer) values are ignored (or at least not visualized).

(furthermore, arrows scroll does not always work, I have to press several times the same key and after 5-10 attempts it starts working).

• I made a somewhat similar tool for my project:

https://people.uta.fi/~a628495/_other/c2_arraymaker/

Its a website, no download needed.

• I realized I had made the same mistake with columns and rows..

Here is the fixed version:

https://people.uta.fi/~a628495/_other/c2_arraymaker_v2/

I believe the 2d array must be drawn top to bottom column by column. In the earlier version I drew it left to right row by row.

If you open my earlier link you can see it is the same data it just gets drawn differently. In the newer version the x and y are correct. You can see when you click on an input field it shows the array indexes in the top bar.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)