Top-down cube thingy

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Sorry Andy,
But white claws actually has a very firm grip on the English language. He is also very aware that his attitude is offending people. Despite being warned he still persists. That's quite sweet that you are so forgiving, however new forum members may not be as forgiving as you. They may be offended, and they may never come back. This is no time in this software's phase of development to be chasing off customers. I'd suggest that if he wants to stay he can simply answer peoples questions yet leave his sarcastic commentary and his exclamation points to his self.
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Not to sound patronising or anything, but banning a paying customer is kind of immoral (IMHO).
B
S

Post » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 pm

hey

first, welcome to forum man, sorry my bad english (im brazilian).

your idea is great, if u want enter in a game creator world, usind this doors ( scirra) you shold learn, about construct 2, read tutorials, get examples, trying, creating capx. post your doubts, and so you will get a help fast, share ideas and request help is all you need to begin, ill advise you, is not easy, but here, you will get all help you need ever, because we have the real best users on net. sure.

sorry if i told a lot of words and no soch codes or a example, but im trying to help, and the manual has somes answers for you.
jardelbr2013-02-10 23:22:13
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:55 pm

@jardelbr

I do not mind your English, I had no trouble reading it and that is also to others that have led me to the tutorials because I'm starting to get the hang of Construct 2. I will post more on this thread when I need more help. Thanks!
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Hey Terraria;

What you're asking for is actually pretty simple, as from a gameplay standpoint you have no real mechanics! The cube rotating is easy to pull off with a layout to layout transition in the form of an animation; to do this you'd have to spend 5 minutes learning isometric drawing, but luckily cubes are the easiest shape!

Likewise the depth effect is easy enough as an animated transition, maybe mess around with the WebGL effects?

For random generation your best bet will be reading up on tile-maps and arrays.

What you really need to do is get your gameplay down, what will the players have to do to advance? Mr E Bear2013-02-14 23:40:05
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?