top down : realistic reveal map

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 pm

@spongehammer   i wasnt able to fully undestand your capx, but i was able to reproduce it, but its far too heavy . nice but heavy.

the @bluephaze solution is working well and allow 60fps .
but it doesnt take count of the walls.

@Joannesalfa 's example , i cant make it work. impossible to spawn object on tiled background, and i will not make all my walls with single sprite. it will cause many toomuch sprite animated on every tick. not usable exept for very small layout i think....

it left me with maybe trying the C7 version of bluephaze example.
but i need to find a solution to tell : set invisible to the sprite who are between the player and the point where the detection sprite overlap the wall, and let the other, after the wall visible. dont know how to do that.

i hope there will be a behavior like that in the future :)    
someone know where we can consult the TO-DO list ?

anyway thanks all for your help.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:37 pm

@spongehammer o.O That's awesome. So damn clever, too. Kudos to whoever did that originally :D

manukeo, here's something (r136) based on the Line of Sight behaviour. It's not the most practical approach, but it does work. It'll work even better if you happen to be building a retro-style pixel art game, but either way it's worth checking out.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:35 am

@geometrix

thanks ! but thats more or less the same system than the @spongehammer one.   so it works but its too slow. i get only <20fps on your example, without effects.

but interesting capX.

B
S

Post » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:19 pm

BluePhaze wrote:Cover a layer with sprite blocks, set the visibility of any that come within 300 pixels or so of the player to invisible. Leave them that way.

How to set the visbility area/range?
Thank you!
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?