Top down shooter - MOBA

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi,
I'm almost new to Web Games programming (and in js programming as well!). I started about 2 months ago.
For my game I was obviously inspired by diep.io (that was inspired by "diepix arena" I suppose).
Anyway... that's tha game: http://www.flar.io
I do not know how it does perform with many connected players. It's almost empty at the moment. So it's also boring :)
I'm working on new players levels... upgrades and bonuses.
Currently it seems to work fine on FF and IE (I'm having some socket.io related problems on Google Chrome).
Also I have some problem with the socket.io dsconnections (so I have to ask the players to reload to start a new game).

Feedbacks are welcome.
Thank you!!!
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Pretty sweet although it's very very very similar to diep.io etc
I guess the start speed could be a bit higher and maybe something more unique to the game. Why would anyone prefer this game over diep.io?
You should add something new to get a playerbase, something that diep.io or arena don't have.
And maybe decrease the arena size slightly since there aren't many player and it's pretty hard to meet someone ^^
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:18 pm

You are absolutely right. Diep.io is really a good game and (for a newbie like me ) is really hard to do something better.
In fact I abandoned this project. This has been really useful to learn.
Now I'm tryiing to make something completely different.
B
S

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests