TORNABY (a Dark Metroidvania-Sci-Fi-HD-Platformer) + DEMO!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 pm

Hey there,

after some flu-related health issues i updated the demo and fixed some stuff:
the ledge-grab-thing should now work as intended,
the hud/health-bar is bigger,
the shooting marine is behind a defensive wall, which makes it less easier to hit him.
i added another walking marine-type (which was actually intended to appear later in game).
...some other minor fixes/tweaks.

Sadly, i'm afraid i won't be able to post a full walkthrough myself, since this seems above my laptop's capacity (really bad fps when doing screencapture) :/
Maybe i find someone willing to do this for me.

PS: Finally enough reputation to post a real download url 8-)
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Hey !
I've just gave the game a quick try and it seems that when the player is hanging on a ledge and I press jump, the player doesn't jumps higher enough so he can reach on top of the platform:
https://streamable.com/t4wwx

Edit: I forgot to say that I was using the gamepad, if I use the keyboard it runs fine.

Another thing is when I save the game, then exit to windows, then open the game again and continue, this is what is happening:
https://streamable.com/ztjox

bullet and weapon effect angles are messed up.

I would like to know what is the size of the background image and the other big sprites that you use in the game.
Last edited by anty21ro on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:17 am

First, I want to say that this is visually stunning. I'm blown away by the art and sense of immersion here :). You did the art too??

Bugs to take a look into:
I noticed that the player grabs ledges even if the platform is low enough to jump on normally (this happens at the starting point), Also, I want to echo what @anty21ro said about the player not jumping quite high enough when jumping from a ledge grab to get on the platform.

Great work so far! I hope you finish it!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:31 pm

thx for the helpful input - both issues (edge jump with gamepad and shooting angle after load) have been fixed.

@ultrafop i consider the ability to grab lower platforms as lazy design & corrected this (at least in the starting room) by adjusting the height ;)

@anty21ro
regarding the background-image size:
they vary from 1920x1080 ~300-400kb-.jpgs , when static (no parallax scrolling) to tiled ones with much lower widths.
Other bg-objects (e.g. those organic "pipes") range from 50 to 200kb (per frame) pngs ranging from 300 - 700 px.
I hope that helps.
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests