Touch controls not functioning properly?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi, I am trying to set up a horizontal movement that is controlled by tapping on the left/right side of the mobile screen. Right now I have 2 full screen buttons, one on the left and one on the right. I set them to OnTouch > BTN > Simulate 8 Direction Left/Right. When I test the game and click the touch buttons, it only moves the player over by 1 pixel no matter how many parameters I adjust.

I am definitely missing something because the left and right keys on the keyboard work just fine, but for some reason touching the buttons does not.

My goal is to get movement similar to Flappy Bird, but their will be gravity and the player can tap the left or right side of screen in order to boost/jump in that direction a bit.

• The "On Object Touched" event is a trigger, indicated by the green arrow in the event. A trigger will only fire once when the condition is true, then it will not fire until it becomes false and then true again, they do not fire every tick while true.

You need to use "Is Touching Object" instead, which is a condition rather than a trigger.

• The "On Object Touched" event is a trigger, indicated by the green arrow in the event. A trigger will only fire once when the condition is true, then it will not fire until it becomes false and then true again, they do not fire every tick while true.

You need to use "Is Touching Object" instead, which is a condition rather than a trigger.

Ahhh, Thank you! I will try it tonight. I guess I should read the entire manual :/

• You need to use "Is Touching Object" instead, which is a condition rather than a trigger.

It worked perfectly

While you're here, can you answer this too? I only want the player to move a little bit, similar to a Jump in the Platform Behavior. Is there an easy way to do this or should I just set a Platform Behavior and rotate the player depending on the direction they tap?

• >

>

> You need to use "Is Touching Object" instead, which is a condition rather than a trigger.

>

It worked perfectly

While you're here, can you answer this too? I only want the player to move a little bit, similar to a Jump in the Platform Behavior. Is there an easy way to do this or should I just set a Platform Behavior and rotate the player depending on the direction they tap?

The easiest way to do a 'flappy bird type of movement' is using the platform behavior... with the 'set vector y' action you can do the "jump".

• >

> >

> >

> > You need to use "Is Touching Object" instead, which is a condition rather than a trigger.

> >

>

> It worked perfectly

>

> While you're here, can you answer this too? I only want the player to move a little bit, similar to a Jump in the Platform Behavior. Is there an easy way to do this or should I just set a Platform Behavior and rotate the player depending on the direction they tap?

>

The easiest way to do a 'flappy bird type of movement' is using the platform behavior... with the 'set vector y' action you can do the "jump".

I will mess around with that. That will let me control a side to side motion right? Not just up with gravity pulling me down.

• Shack You have all the control... do a test and, if you find any difficulties, just tell me

• Shack You have all the control... do a test and, if you find any difficulties, just tell me

I don't fully understand how set vector Y works to create a horizontal jump. Also when i use the platform behavior, the character only jumps when it is touching a platform.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Shack You have all the control... do a test and, if you find any difficulties, just tell me

>

I don't fully understand how set vector Y works to create a horizontal jump. Also when i use the platform behavior, the character only jumps when it is touching a platform.

Oh, I didn't understand your question... for the horizontal jump, of course, use the set X vector...

And to do a jump without touch the ground, use set Y vector with a negative value.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)