Touch Input Breaks on Garbage Collection Cycle.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

docs.google.com/file/d/0B_4xfuagH96rSl9BckJJM19ZTEk/edit

Steps to reproduce:

1. Run the Project on a Mobile Device.

2. Drag Construct Logo Around in a Circle.

3. Notice the screen loses the touch input after a few seconds.

Observed result:

Even thought the "Construct2Logo" has the Drag/Drop Behavior, it loses touch and therefore stops dragging after a few seconds...perhaps during every garbage collection cycle.

Expected result:

I expect the behavior to keep working even thought there is a garbage collection running...It should continue to register my touch input on the screen and therefore the object should continue to follow my finger around even if it needs to pause for a second.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

Android 4.1.2 (Running on my Galaxy S3).

Construct 2 version:

Latest Release 139 (64-bit edition).

• Did you only test the Android stock browser? It works fine for me on Firefox for Android, Chrome for Android, and Safari for iOS. I can reproduce it on the stock browser, but it's a really poor browser. It seems to be a browser bug and I don't know if we can work around it, I guess it just randomly fires touch end events.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, I was testing it for lowest common denominator to release it for Android first and then for iOS. I figure there are millions of people that have galaxy S3's right now so I should test it on that. And since most people keep their stock browsers is there a smart way to work around this?? I just want it to work for people...that's all. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)