Tough to Kill - Top-down Shooter

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:46 am

Ok, I figured out what the problem was. I had a conditional branch for the sounds to be pre-loaded. An artifact from an older version. It has been cleaned up and now should work:

Tough to Kill

Sorry for the inconvenience!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:15 pm

It's hanging for me when I click play.

I'm using Chrome.
slap it onto the flappy bird template...
bang it on google play with all the other shovelware...
sorted...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:03 am

Alright, I am out of ideas on how to fix this problem. Perhaps someone might be so kind as to take a look at the Capx and see if there is something obvious that I missed?

You can find it here: Tough to Kill Capx

The Intro Event sheet is labled as such, and that is where the handling for the Intro screen is. For the Play button, I just have it so when the mouse is over the Play button and left-mouse button is clicked, it will play a sound effect and go to the 'Play Game' layout. Pretty simple and should work. It works for me, but not for many other people.

So any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Hey, i have the same error with one of my jam games, but only when exporting to web. Have you tried exporting via Node-webkit (offline .exe)? If it loads as intended there, and not when exported via HTML there must be a bug with Construct 2 perhaps.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:02 pm

I just tried exporting it via Node-webkit. The game "works" in so far as I can get into the game itself from the main menu (but then again, I can do that anyway...) but now I can't do anything but move around (can't shoot or anything), and nothing spawns. So that doesn't seem to be working properly either.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 pm

A friend of mine attempted to test this out on Firefox and when he clicks the Play button, he gets a script error: " c2runtime.js:51" and "a script on this page may be busy or it may have stopped responding"

I never get these troubles, personally, but maybe that means something to someone.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations