Tower Zero

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
“Zero Numbers” is a logic game. Game with Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported
  • Hi, welcome to this devlog.

Tower Zero

is a platformer/adventure game where you solve puzzles and use an elevator to climb a strange dystopian tower.

There is something at the top that the player needs to see.

Level

It's like a free environment, once you have unlocked a floor you can go back if needed.

There are 24 floors and each floors have 3 rooms. The 'tower' is like a city with diferent sections.

Inventory

The player must pick up objects and use them when a bubble asks for this object. This will activate an event or solve a puzzle. The player can carry up to 16 objects, he needs to use one if he's full and wants to pick up a new one.

Interaction

The player could have to activate panels but the puzzles are based on objects.

Gameplay

The player will have to renember which floor is what when he needs a special object he couldn't carry with him. Or if he finds an object to solve a puzzle he saw before.

It's more an experiment than a game, an exploration game like when you observe an ant nest.

Marketing

I posted a devlog page on gamejolt to attract people who are curious about the game.

I will post gifs on twitter with hashtags and a link to the gamejolt page. A nice pixel gif often attracts some curious.

I could find an audience in the dystopian area but I'm not good with marketing and I don't like it, you know what I mean.

So what?

I wanted to make the 10 first floors free as a browser game demo then sell the game but I don't want to have trouble with the nw.js desktop export. I don't know how I will monetize it if I do.

Follow my journey into making this game before 2018 and selling one copy to a stranger.

• Hey this is great. I really like the concept and the graphics and animations are fun too. I already want to know whats at the top.

• Hey this is great. I really like the concept and the graphics and animations are fun too. I already want to know whats at the top.

Thanks, this is encouraging.

• I like this nice little bit 8-bit narrative and exploring an interesting active community that you get to try to figure out. It also reminds me of movies / games where the protagonist moves quietly amongst a stratified environment, but when they break with the convention of the society, the community erupts into chaos, perhaps against the protagonist. Perhaps a meter of suspicion directed towards you based on your behavior could add another interesting element to the game.

• I like this nice little bit 8-bit narrative and exploring an interesting active community that you get to try to figure out. It also reminds me of movies / games where the protagonist moves quietly amongst a stratified environment, but when they break with the convention of the society, the community erupts into chaos, perhaps against the protagonist. Perhaps a meter of suspicion directed towards you based on your behavior could add another interesting element to the game.

It's a good idea you have there!

There is a meter implemented but I don't know what to do with it (the blue bar on the Inventory screenshot).

The player can't die and can't lost, it's a peaceful ballad but he can mess things up, perhaps a chaos meter to show the state of the tower.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Looking at that last screen you posted... starting to remind me of the silos of 'Wool' and the top floor being the dead planet surface outside (which is a good thing, great book.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oi this seems to fit perfectly in the Iron Kiss universe, both aesthetically and thematically. The Pandadoor Mythos?

• Looking at that last screen you posted... starting to remind me of the silos of 'Wool' and the top floor being the dead planet surface outside (which is a good thing, great book.)

Interesting, I will take a look at this.

Oi this seems to fit perfectly in the Iron Kiss universe, both aesthetically and thematically. The Pandadoor Mythos?

I try to keep the same universe for all my games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)