TowerClimb

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:14 am

i LOVE this game!
So basic but so interesting, I'm also in love with the art!
I find myself praying that the start of every level doesn't spew lava at me! One time I got 4 lava levels in a row *groan*. Highest climb so far is a bit over 1600
I love the random element of the whole thing, it keeps the one simple concept fresh and interesting.
One time, I started from the beginning and straight away a dog fell from the sky, landed on my head and killed me within a second
The level design code must be pretty mean
I have found a few things wrong with it that i'm sure you're aware of:

- Revive pots bug out when used from dying in lava, eaten by fish, killed by worms, basically anything besides me falling :( I've almost stopped buying them now lol
- I think enemies should be subject to the same laws of physics as the player, aka fall death, lava death etc
- The other thing is, is the walk animation supposed to go that fast?

But even with those bugs, this game is FREAKEN AWESOME
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:04 am

Woohoo new personal towerclimb record of 4395!
Dam gas appeared on an underwater level full of fish :(
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:31 pm

[url:2ojygtlk]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1010927/Photoz/TowerclimbHD.png[/url:2ojygtlk]

This is how it looks now.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 am

That looks awesome. I'd pay for this game.. seriously. Hands down the best Construct game yet.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:32 am

The pixel art version was far far better looking. It was classy and controlled. This HD version doesn't look good at all :/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:53 am

[quote:2zn0v898]The pixel art version was far far better looking. It was classy and controlled. This HD version doesn't look good at all :/[/quote:2zn0v898]

I do agree. I like the ambiguity of the original graphics. Some may like the new look, but I love the hazy feel of the original.

BTW. at any rate the game was really inspiring to me. Not that I want to make a game like it, rather it reminded me of what computer games should/could be.

I have been desiring to make long epic games but have no time. The game reminded me an epic game does not have to be epic in length (not that I beat this game :oops: )
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:05 am

[quote="Steven":3ncaokmm]The pixel art version was far far better looking. It was classy and controlled. This HD version doesn't look good at all :/[/quote:3ncaokmm]

I have to agree as well. Not that upgrading the art is a bad thing, but that's definitely the wrong direction to take.

Unless this is an April Fool's joke... If so then good one :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 am

Yeah, that would be a good joke. :-) I liked the old graphics too, but I still think these look better. Of course, my graphics skills suck in general so don't take my word on it. :o
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 am

Towerclimb is one of the coolest games I've ever played. I just wish the revive potion wasn't so bugged :(
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm really surprised Deadeye was the only one to call it...

April Fools. :mrgreen:

You guys actually thought I would make my game look like this? :lol:

I would never want to break the original atmosphere of the game, especially now with all the new levels.

I will do a proper to-scale painting with upped graphics soon though (just to test the look), since this was just an ugly copy pasta of a bunch of sketches I did quickly yesterday before going to work.

I'm glad I got some genuine frowns, haha.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations