TR free knowledge #1

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • I will try to write one tutorial every week. Tomorrow I plan to write a new one on my blog.

What tutorial would you like to read?

Something about PHP communication?

Building games for AirConsole?

Intel XDK <-> CocoonIO migration?

Let me know if there is a particular topic you would like to have clarified.

Cheers!

EDIT

Tutorial ready: How to fix the build error with Intel XDK and Appodeal?

• Since you mentioned, PHP communication would be nice

Are you planning to upload your tutorials to the Scirra website as well?

• I've recieved a request by email from Cipriux to make a tutorial about How to succesfully build an app using newest Intel XDK and Appodeal ads. So this one will be first and should be done in several hours.

Since you mentioned, PHP communication would be nice

Are you planning to upload your tutorials to the Scirra website as well?

Do you have any particular feature you whould like me to cover regarding C2 and PHP or just an overall manual how to send data from/to PHP with C2?

Regarding posting tutorial on Scirra site. I will probably make a "link tutorial" as I did with How to build optimized Intel XDK Crosswalk app properly?. There is no point to make fully reduntant entries.

• BTW: Cipriux can you check your email if you've recieved my reply? For some reason I've noticed my emails end up in SPAM folder sometimes.

• I've recieved a request by email from Cipriux to make a tutorial about How to succesfully build an app using newest Intel XDK and Appodeal ads. So this one will be first and should be done in several hours.

I will add another request for this

Much appreciated. And I bought your book!

• > I've recieved a request by email from Cipriux to make a tutorial about How to succesfully build an app using newest Intel XDK and Appodeal ads. So this one will be first and should be done in several hours.

>

>

I will add another request for this

Much appreciated. And I bought your book!

Thank you mercedescolomar Much appreciated!

BTW: I talked with Appodeal today and we were investigating the issue. I think all is working now. Still testing, will keep you updated.

• Yeah, I still have issues with what Appodeal team suggested , since having only appodeal + google play services in my project -> Build successful, but if I also use Cranbbery's Game plugin it will automatically import GooglePlayServices which is in conflict with appodeal google play services

• Do you have any particular feature you whould like me to cover regarding C2 and PHP or just an overall manual how to send data from/to PHP with C2?

I think secure connection and data-transfer to an SQL server would be great.

• Tutorial is ready. If you have a problem building app with Intel XDK and Appodeal ADs, here is the solution.

How to fix the build error with Intel XDK and Appodeal?

Cipriux let me know if this works for you. I haven't tested with Cranberry Game plugin, but if it won't work I'll investigate your particular problem as well.

Cheers

• First of all thanks for the Tuts!

Secondly, do you know if you can monetize games using intel's XDK or other plugins for free or do you have to pay royalties? thanks a bunch!

• First of all thanks for the Tuts!

Secondly, do you know if you can monetize games using intel's XDK or other plugins for free or do you have to pay royalties? thanks a bunch!

Yes you can but in current situation it depends what you need. With official IAP plugin you can implement managable products (for instance a premium account), but it doesn't support "consume" action which is needed for non-consumables (gold coins for instance). Why Scirra didn't implement this feature? I have no idea, it seems so fundamental.

You can instead use Cranberrygame Cordova IAP plugin which is available to purchase in the plugins bundle for around $5.

I have also requested for the plugin upgrade recently here but for some reason noone upvoted this request. Probably everybody got used to use Cranberrygame plugins. I doubt anyone is using the official one.

• Many thanks !!! I tested both solutions and both give a successful build. The second solution took a while because I created a branch from official githib and made the modifications specified in Solution 2

In appodeal plugin, what is the equivalent of Preload Ad ? Is it Chache Ad or Initialize?

..or initialize is supposed to be triggered only once to establish the connection with appodeal server?

I don't know is something I did wrong, but I cannot display video ads (1 week ago they worked)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> Do you have any particular feature you whould like me to cover regarding C2 and PHP or just an overall manual how to send data from/to PHP with C2?

>

I think secure connection and data-transfer to an SQL server would be great.

Allright! Will put it on my list. There are many ways to secure data transfer, some also depends on the project, but I'll write about some common and universal ways.

I'll try to write it in the upcomming days.

• Many thanks !!! I tested both solutions and both give a successful build. The second solution took a while because I created a branch from official githib and made the modifications specified in Solution 2

In appodeal plugin, what is the equivalent of Preload Ad ? Is it Chache Ad or Initialize?

..or initialize is supposed to be triggered only once to establish the connection with appodeal server?

I don't know is something I did wrong, but I cannot display video ads (1 week ago they worked)

Glad the build is succesfull!

1. At start of the game you Initialize the types of ads you want to use in game. This should be done only once.

2. Before initializing anything you have to set options. In my case I have confirmed that I want to display skippable video and disable auto caching (as you probably saw on the screenshot)

3. Equivalent of "preload ad" here is "cache ad". Caching basically means "load to memory".

Let me know how it went.

BTW: I had black screen after first game run as well, but then everything went fine. Maybe there is some "handshake" going on at first run.

• OK, that makes more sense. Yes, I also saw your image example but i was not sure. Can you confirm that skippable ads are working for you? I can only show Interstitials and banners but not skippable ads

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)