Trapped in Time Demo (Looking for feedback)

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:22 pm

@Pseudo, thanks! Glad you found it fun. Will still be adding tons of new features to make the experience more fun and challenging so stay tuned.

Also, I've fixed the "text". It should show the number of power blasts you have.

thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:49 pm

[quote="namre":71i6fhpn]Does it need more, though? What do you think?[/quote:71i6fhpn]
I don't think it needs more... but more would be cool! If there was some strategy behind using certain powerups against certain enemies then I could see a need for more. Still, I really love the powerups and it's a lot of fun.

One complaint is that if you get a powerup, but then immediately get another powerup you lose ever being able to use the first one. Not a big deal though.. just wondering if that was intended. Also, there does seem to be a bug with powerups. If you restart the game, at least with the "E" option, each time there are less and less powerups. So by the third restart the game is really hard because no more powerups exist!

>>>Right now it does seem little hard, no?
I think you need to increase the deaccelerating so the guy stops a little faster when you let off a key.

[quote="namre":71i6fhpn]And this was my main goal from the very beginning.[/quote:71i6fhpn]
It definitely is tough! I forgot about right click... a little easier with that. I actually played for a little while longer on the last try.

Anyway, great game. Looking forward to the next version!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:55 pm

[quote:2v1bg8wt] If there was some strategy behind using certain powerups against certain enemies then I could see a need for more.[/quote:2v1bg8wt]
Oooo... Good idea. Might consider this with current and future weapon mechanics.

[quote:2v1bg8wt]One complaint is that if you get a powerup, but then immediately get another powerup you lose ever being able to use the first one. [/quote:2v1bg8wt]
Every new powerup that you pickup would always override the previous one. This happens because sometimes powerups overlap each other that you get two at once. I should fix this and make powerups to not spawn on top of one another.

Will need to think how to do it on construct. Hmmm...

[quote:2v1bg8wt] Also, there does seem to be a bug with powerups. If you restart the game, at least with the "E" option, each time there are less and less powerups. So by the third restart the game is really hard because no more powerups exist![/quote:2v1bg8wt]
Aha! Thank you for pointing this out. This happened to me before but shrugged it off thinking that since it spawns randomly, I was just unlucky at that time. Will definitely fix this on the next version.

[quote:2v1bg8wt]I think you need to increase the deaccelerating so the guy stops a little faster when you let off a key.[/quote:2v1bg8wt]
Noted.

[quote:2v1bg8wt]It definitely is tough! I forgot about right click... a little easier with that. I actually played for a little while longer on the last try.[/quote:2v1bg8wt]
That's good to hear! Still need to tweak the difficulty a bit to make it more accessible.

That was the main purpose of the power blast (right click). In the next version, getting 5 power blasts will make your weapons even more powerful and awesome-r for a short period of time allowing you to go crazy gung-ho.

Thanks for your comments SciDave. Now I'm even more psyched with my game!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:51 am

fun!

difficulty picks up swiftly though.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations