Tried and true platformer idea

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:01 pm

I am developing a big standard platformer, but with a twist, I kinda want to poke fun at the kind of games
That use iPhone in app purchases, along with making it a pseudo online game (your not really online so eveverything you purchase in game is all for pretend) . You play as a soldier who is the only knight in training and in heavy armor who can double jump. So the king chooses you to save the princess "Lily" from the evil wizard named Zelkek ( his real name is Edwin and he is a nerdy evil wizard too) you can befriend new allies such as a goblin named "Marty-o" who can jump higher than the player, Chad a berserker with a heart of gold, and the princess, who has the ability to cast magic and summon a unicorn with a chainsaw. As for game play it will be like any standard platformer, but with more of a sillier feel.
B
S

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 pm

raymond13557 wrote:I am developing a big standard platformer, but with a twist, I kinda want to poke fun at the kind of games
That use iPhone in app purchases, along with making it a pseudo online game (your not really online so eveverything you purchase in game is all for pretend) .

I had that exact same idea months ago. Unfortunately I think it has to be explicitly stated as a joke for it to be accepted in iOS/Android.
They have their own set of rules. I remember reading something about fake purchases.
I don't know if a fake purchase button i against the rules though since it's for entertainment purposes only.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 pm

I might leave it out of the game I was contemplating it as a gag but the shop in game will have media based gags
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:54 pm

I actually decided to instead make it into a retro like version of A Pokémon clones
But your catching ghosts, mythical monsters, cryptids, faeries, etc. but with a unique battle system
That requires both player and ghost or familiar to work together to catch entities.
B
S

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas